We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo - Club Premium

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo - Club Premium

Can anyone explain exactly what's included with the Club Premium upgrade at Barcelo PV? Is Wi-fi and/or Room service included?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

There is a surcharge for Internet service and room service ts not included, the main difference with club premium is unlimited ala carte dinners (vs 3 with a 7 day stay) and a private area for continental breakfast, afternoon happy hour and quicker checkin and checkout. IMO not worth the extra bucks when you can get more than a continental breakfast daily at the main buffet and make your own happy hour at the pool lunch/snack bar; we enjoy going into town for dinner, so 3 at the hotel are enough for us... PV has some of the best restaurants in all of Mexico and very reasonably priced!

The hotel website as well as Expedia has a complete list of whats included, or not. Good luck!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

I have stayed with club premium and without. I quite liked the service but agree with JNS, I wouldn't pay full price for it. I did like the hors doevres and computers with free internet in the separate lounge and the upgraded minibar, but I had kids so the extra snacks were nice. The room service was not included, but was only a charge per item, not like a full price menu. I believe the rooms are on the higher floors, therefore a bettter view.

Not necessary, but quite nice if the price really isn't an issue.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

I did PREMIUM at Barcelo Palace in Riv. Maya in 2009. It was worth it to me to have the lounge with free internet and a la cartes every night, premium liquor..snacks in the lounge.

As I have no other way of communicating (I dont have an IPAD or Smart Phone), I probably would do premium again (When I WIN THE LOTTERY!).

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

club premium suites are also on higher floors above the tree lines with views of the bay, standard suites (are exactly the same) and on lower levels with pool/property views; internet is available in the club premium lounge, room connection is extra.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

Just wanted to update everyone after coming back from the Barcelo PV with the Premium Room:

The wifi was free

The room service was free

20% off spa services and store purchases

Free City Tour

and a few other perks that I can't really remember or really cared about :) .

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

Thanks for the update... the Internet is a great resource, unfortunately a lot of hotels, restaurants and businesses do not update their sites.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

The city tour is free for everyone, not just club premium guests.

8. Re: Barcelo - Club Premium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 05:18