We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

This topic was discussed last in 2010, perhaps it has evolved lately. Spain and Itay are catholic countries and nude sunbathing is everywhere.

I read that north of sayulita beach is a stretch which is secluded enough.

Who has more information on a beach closer to PV or clothing optional resorts please?

Thank you.

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
582 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

There none. It is illegal. Do so at your own risk of possible arrest.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

you need to go to tulum

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

banderasnews.com/1209/to-vallarta-fantasy-re…

a nude and clothing optional hotel

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Punta Serena Villas and Spa is a resort south of PV (closer to Manzanillo airport) but there are a few spots: …about.com/od/…nude_beaches.htm

Edited: 02 November 2012, 12:58
Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

thanks all for your kind reply; I have been already in Tulum... too far away for this time.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,769 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Not going to find any resort within PV proper that will accept this, not since the Ghettoway shut down. Has nothing to do with "evolving", and everything to do with the law.

As noted, it's illegal on public beaches, and all beaches in Mexico are public and owned by the government. It gets a "look the other way" in areas where more Europeans tend to congregate (such as the east coast resorts), but be assured you don't see it in PV. Thong bathingsuits are rare and surprising when they make an appearance on beaches, so make your own conclusions.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 13:06
Seattle
Level Contributor
41,262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Nope. None. Nada.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

"Punta Serena Villas and Spa is a resort south of PV (closer to Manzanillo airport)"

Yup, nude sunbathing 'allowed' there. We stayed at the Blue Bay, right next door, we could see them out on their little private beach when we kayaked past, totally nakie, lol.

Also Zipolite and Mazunte, they look the other way....like some beaches around Tulum. And topless is very common at many other Mayan Riviera beaches.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Go Classy Tours, the leader in Au Naturel travel, recently announced that Fantasy Resort and Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico will become a full-time, clothing-optional, and lifestyle-friendly resort on October, 1, 2012.

I sent them an email to see if I could stay there and they said they saw a picture of me on the beach and asked me to stay home. lol.

"Funman"

San Francisco
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

LOL Brad! I tried nude sunbathing once and Greenpeace showed up and tried to roll me back into the water.