We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time do shops close on Sundays?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What time do shops close on Sundays?

Wondering what time the shops close off the malecon before the bridge? I guess it would be considered flea market area, particularly the two buildings that have jewelry, clothes, purses, and trinkets? One of the buildings is two story. We are arriving on Sunday around 4pm and probably be down there around 6pm, would like to do some shopping that evening. Also curious to what time Curvas Peligrosas closes at as well? Thanks in advance

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

You'd need to tell us when you'll be in town in order to get current information.

Just as an example, I went bathing suit shopping, thus stopping by Curvas Peligrosas AND the flea market you're referring to, on a Sunday in early November and the flea market was closing about 4pm ---- only one shop was still open ---- and Curvas was completely closed the whole day. Most of the time I go past Curvas, it is closed but I don't travel in high season.

In other words, the time of year you are coming might make a difference and it might make a difference what else is going on in town. Sunday is family day, as you know, and if shops are open that day (many are not) --- many of them close early.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

I will be arriving on April 21

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

Sunday is hit and miss. The main market tends to lose vendors in the afternoon if it a slow day. Most businesses are shut all day unless they are in a mall.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,778 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

Local stores that are directed to tourists will be open, other local stores, like a paint store, will be closed, food markets are always open, since people here shop daily for fresh produce. I thing Robina closest Curvas Peligrosas on Sunday.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 10:21
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

I've been down on southside many times on a Sunday and couldn't find hardly any (f any) art galleries or art/craft-type stores open, which I would think would cater to the tourist population. It's been pretty deserted a few blocks behind the Malecón (shops on the Malecón itself were open). Has that situation changed recently -- maybe with the upgraded sidewalks? This was a year or two back --- haven't even bothered to look on my last few trips since it was disappointing at the time.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

from Facebook for Curvas Peligrosos

"Just a reminder that we are taking OUR Spring Break starting next week.

Open today 11am to 5pm.

Next week M-W 11am to 5pm

Closed 4/18 through 4/28.

Reopening on 4/29 summer hours M-F 11am to 5pm."

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

Oh no that's too bad they will be closed my entire trip. I am desperate need of a new bath suit that is plus size. It's so hard to find nice styles and colors that don't cost over a $100 plus dollars here.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

I do know when we went to the 2 story flea market later in the day on a Sunday in March a year ago and then last November, some of the shops in it were closed. Their metal doors pulled down. When we came to the shop we were looking for, the guy was still there. He had just closed it. He asked us if we were really serious about looking and buying, etc. We said yes because we knew he had what we wanted. So.... he opened it all back up. Took about 10 minutes to do so as he had piled all the things in the aisles that were normally hanging out in the display area. But we were glad he did. Yes, we bought a lot of Hernandez ceramics, lol.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

Are there any other places that have a variety of plus size swimsuits?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,066 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What time do shops close on Sundays?

Robina is definitely the pro on this (Curvas Peligrosas) but it depends on what you want. When I didn't find her open when I needed one, I did go to the market stalls and bought one of those little things with a top and pants. I actually use the pants in the gym also, or for lazing around. It sufficed but it's nothing I'd wear on the beach. Just laying around the pool garb.

If you want a really good one though --- Curvas Peligrosas is about the only place in PV I know of. She does a great job.

I feel your pain as it seems like she's always closed when I'm there.