We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
745 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Do you have a "go to" place that you visit each and every time you are in PV?

Restaurant? Bar? Beach? Shop? Town?

We take the bus to Boca De Tomatlan every time. We love it. We walk around a bit, sit on the beach with tropical drinks and watch the people getting on and off of panga's and locals loading and unloading their boat with anything from soup to nuts.. Huge bags of cement and a lot of building supplies that go to Yelapa and other coastal areas where there are no roads.. Last time it was fun watching a guy load at least 30 watermelons onto his boat. Also there were people walking waist deep in the water, trying to hold their stuff above their heads, as they got on and off boats

We even enjoy the bus ride there and back. Always friendly smiles and it isn't unusual for someone to be playing a guitar and/or singing. A lot of locals working at the resorts travel up and down that stretch of Hwy 200. Each time we go by Mismaloya we say we will stop there next time, but we never have .. :)

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Good to see you back on the forum Marly! I'm sure I speak for others in saying you've been missed. :-)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Thanks Kansas.....I was in Europe and very busy with family.

As they say, "travel is broadening" ----- love Mexico and PV but when family lives elsewhere on the planet, that's where you gotta go. Hard to be everywhere at the same time.

Obviously other "go to places" are the first night on the Malecón, (or Sundays when the band is playing in the Main Plaza and people are dancing) or just wandering the Malecón and seeing what's new with the folks balancing rocks and the mimes and the vendors. Always a main "go to"---- unbeatable for "pure PV." Great for new tourists and us old-timers. Somebody else probably already said this but I'm in catch-up mode. ;=))

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,848 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Missed you Marly!

I also agree with her post above. Love the excitement in the air on the Malecon.... especially on a Sunday night.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 20:56
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,750 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Hope u enjoyed Europe Marly..:)

We almost always visit the zoo, the real zoo, and spend at least one day or night on Malecon, shopping, people watching walking etc...we usually walk the whole malecon and also do some shopping on south side. We also try to check out 1-4 new restaurants if possible..Blakes is a big like for me right now..and Sirloin Stockade I really like but I think JMHO..more for frequent folks in Mexico as so much like states. Just my take. We have a few in Guadalajara and they are great!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

We like to visit the two Saturday markets . They have so many various things to offer: food, crafts, beautiful gauze creations, the best fresh fruit, glass blowers, etc., lovely pottery etc. So much in such a concentrated areas... My fave ...the pickled beets from Nickle's Pickles. Organic stuff, Huichol items (with no time share attached), way too much variety to say.

We like Cafe Olla, Fajita Republic, El Torito, Coco's Kitchen, Cafe Bohemio for the best all around atmosphere, entertainment, and great soup, La Piazzetta. Once again, way too much to say.

Edited: 07 October 2013, 07:58
Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
970 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Fun post. I know I 'am there when the airplane door open & start to feel the warm & smells, the best feeling ever.

We always head to the beach to get our feet in the sand, the past few its been to Sea Monkey.

Café Bohemio

la Ronda

Saturday Market

long days on the beach @ Fidencio's

Maricos Polo

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

JALFAN ..You mean the "warm" that" smacks you in the face " since it is so different from the temp in the plane? LOL

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
970 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

That's the one. great feeling you know your there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Yep, thought it was :-)). Gotta love it as the sweat is starting on the forehead,

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Where is your "Go To" place in PV?

Great thread!

Heading to Puerto Vallarta in April for the first time and this is creating quite a list of spots to hit.

Thanks to everyone!