We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of airport noise all hours of the day(take-offs, landings) if we were to stay at Casa Velas?

Thanks in advance!

Smitty

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

Stayed at the Melia a few times several years ago. It is also in the marina as is Casa Velas. Unless you happened to look up towards the airport and over the water and saw a plane rising up after take off, you would not know that the airport was nearby.

CT
Level Contributor
547 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

We have stayed at the Sister Hotel, the Velas Vallarta since 1999. The airport is within sight of the North wing of the Velas (where we have our suite) and never hear any sound of the planes. In addition there are few if any arrivals or departures at night.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

So it would be safe to say the the Bay View Grand condo's next door to Velas Vallarta would not hear any planes?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

As above, you do not even notice for the most part..except a few times when I saw a plane in sky..which actually was fun..made me glad was not me leaving LOL.

I have never found it an issue at Casa Velas nor Velas Vallarta or anywhere in marina for that matter.

And nothing at night for sure.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

We stayed at Casa Velas last year and I don't ever remember hearing the planes. However, when staying at Velas we have noticed the planes while swimming in the pool, but only when we are trying to figure out if that plane is filled with loved ones departing or arriving!!

CT
Level Contributor
547 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

In other words, we that have many, many years at the Velas, tell you nothing to give a second thought to.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

On the subject of Casa Velas, something new has been added. :).

prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11428001.htm

Edited: 19 December 2013, 13:12
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

Love the idea of the new handbag bar. One less thing for Mrs. OJ to pack -- Yay!!!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

Oh yes that is awesome the hand bag "bar". Less packing and many other new things, a singer some nights, a new pillow menu, Latin Dance Night, a new addition to the concierge team with Denisse. and a surprise contest coming up as well....very exciting happenings at Casa Velas.

I so so love how much effort they put into pleasing their guests.

Velas Vallarta is also right on top as a family resort.

As Golem said those of us who are repeat visitors can tell you no worries, just enjoy. Don't worry be happy..

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Velas - Airport Noise?

In reply to Saguarosam, you do see and hear the planes taking off when at the Bay View Grand. We were only visiting and from the pools and condo balconies, you could really hear them. Did not seem to bother the numerous people staying there and not sure if you could hear them from inside the condos.