We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 04:11
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

We have been here for the last 10 days (so sad to be leaving today). We have had no issues at all with water pollution. Ice has been fine, ocean water was fantastic to swim in. As far as the safety goes, I have felt 100% safe, even in the evenings. I just followed normal travel precautions (not much $$, walked with my husband, smiled and said hi to all the locals). Go, enjoy the people and the beauty. It is out first trip and I can't wait to come back!

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

That tickles my heart!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,285 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

not only one 5 posts in 6 years but absolutely not a one review out of 27 reviews of a service or hotel in Zihua....fishy indeed.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

I thought it strange that it was brought back up and posted on after being gone for an entire year?? and now mysteriously that posters info is ...removed..?

strange...

some people just like to "stir the pot" ey?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
10 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

We had traveled to Zihua four times over five years. This was not the only time that there were water quality concerns, but it was the only time it smelled like a sewer had over-flowed. What I cannot say for certain is whether there had been a heavy rain recently. In the Portland area, near where we live, they have sewer overflows after heavy rains. Of course, most of our friends would not swim in the Willamette River, although some people do. I am not familiar with the term trolling, but it sounds pejorative. So, I take offense, just on the principle of the matter.

What brought us back five times was La Casa Que Ve al Mar. Specifically, Casa d'Arte. If you are familiar with Zihua, you know it as the unit that has the most bougainvillea and lots of other plants.

Chicago
Level Contributor
151 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

Because you post hundreds or thousands of,times,does not mąkę you an expert.Perhaps too much time on your hands? Others who may Feel the need to comment once in a while shouldn't be attacked because they are not part of a click of Z cheerleaders ,and with an opposing view.Try the other useless z board for that.Also

Some people who live here in Ixtapa might not Feel it is necessary to comment several times a day either. Maybe out ENJOYING the day, instead. Dead fish anyone?

17. Re: Water Pollution Issue Still Exists?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 00:17