We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Is there a first class bus that goes from Ixtapa to Melaque & how long does the journey take

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Leaves in the wee hours of the morning & talkes about 8 hours.

Stops in Lazaro Cardenas & Manzanillo on the way. Has Bano's & you are give a snack/drink.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Yes, www.estrellablanca.com.mx lists one Futura bus leaving at 8.40 pm, arriving 6.23 am, cost 606 pesos.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Thanks for the correction Steve. It's been a few years since I took this bus. I remember leaving before dawn but obviously that has changed.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Is it possible to go from Ixtapa to Morelia (we'd like to spend a couple of days there) then get a bus from Morelia to Melaque. I checked on the bus site estrellablanca but couldn't find anything.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

There are several different lines that go Zihua to Morelia. Your best bet is to visiit the 3 bus stations side by side to determine which fits your needs.

To get to Melaque from Morelia I believe would require a bus change at Lazaro Cardenas. Or perhaps better Morelia to Gudalajara to Melaque.

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Just got back from Mexico & did the bus ride from Zihuatanejo to Melaque, yes it was meant to leave at 8.40 p.m. but of course being Mexico it actually left at 9.40 p.m. quick stop at Lazaro Cardenas around 11 p.m. then another at 4 a.m. (can't remember the name of the place). We then stopped in Manzanillo & had to get out of the bus for about 1/2 hour then back on again to Melaque & arrived around 8 a.m. The seats were great, went right back almost horizontally so you could sleep, air conditioning wasn't set too high so it wasn't too cold. Banos were working & clean. Would definitely recommend it, the price was right too, worked out to be about $55 US.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

We did that trip a couple of years ago..started in Zihua..3 weeks - overnite to Melaque where we spent a week then on to PV for a couple of days where we flew home from. (Quite the ride to PV - mountain winding road !) Truthfully, I had been nervous about the nite trip having listened to tales of banditos, however, it was great and we're thinking about doing it again next winter.

Edited: 14 March 2013, 14:06
Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

Glad you had a good trip. Your bus was late leaving.... however it is very rare that buses are not on schedule in Mexico, never in my bus travel did one leave later than two minutes. Depending on traffic, it sometimes arrives late at destination, it has nothing to do with being in Mexico.

9. Re: Bus from Ixtapa to Melaque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 01:16