We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon HELP!

Strawberry Point...
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon HELP!

My fiance and I will be getting married in November 2012 and plan to take our honeymoon in either November or December. We have never been out of the US and know nothing about Mexico. We don't know where to start. We have narrowed it down to Mexico because it's the most within our budget, but where in Mexico we have no idea. We would like an all inclusive resort on the beach. We would like to see the clear, beautiful tourqouse beaches and would love to try out snorkeling. We aren't much for golfers so that's not an important factor to us. We've heard of places in Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel. What's the difference and where do people reccomend? We are 23, would love to relax, maybe do a little sight seeing, but def. be able to relax on the beach.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon HELP!

I will recommend for honey moon Riviera Maya. Cancún is really nice, and you'll find good place to have party at night; kind of Miami Beach.

There are a lot of books, guides, YouTube videos where you can learn a lots of things from a new culture and you will enjoy them more.

I'll suggest to start "studying" Mexico, and you'll find places or things to do. Mexico has a great culture, and its food has been declared human heritage for UN. As much you'll know as much you'll enjoy!

I'm not from Mexico, and next May it will be my 5th time there.

Edited: 05 April 2012, 00:03
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon HELP!

Study Mexico to gain a clearer picture of what you are after.

Big crazy raves, all night club dancing? Cancun, Cabo San Lucas...

Quiet, romantic beautiful beaches? Zihuatanejo, Tulum, Zipolite, Puerto Angel

REALLY private? Ixkalak. (Amazing- but NO clubs, bars, etc)

In between? Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Escondido, Playa de Carmen

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon HELP!

And none of the places mentioned in the above post are in central Mexico!

You will get more answers if you post in the correct forums.

Good luck with the planning.

4. Re: Honeymoon HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:40