We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
545 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

Is it a long safe walk from/to these Colonias? Any good and not necessarily expensive restaurants you may suggest at Cuhactemoc and Roma/Condesa? I am not a great fan of Mexican food (no offense intended), yet, I will gladly consider one with good ambiance and food. Thanks.

PELUCH

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

The walk is safe. You'd have to cross Colonia Roma, which is actually quite nice. If you take Durango St you can see the Cibeles fountain.

I cannot tell you if it's long, it all depends on the start and finish points.

I the middle of the walk you can go to La Bodeguita de Enmedio. Cuban food.

http://labodeguitadelmedio.com.mx/

No offense taken. Not everybody likes Mexican food, although I'd argue that the cuisine is so vast that there's something for every taste.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

My favourite new restaurant in Roma/Condesa is Maximo.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150800-d2…

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
545 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

Thank you, guys. The true reason I try to stay away from Mexican food is because it easily upsets my stomach. In other words, is not the food but my own physical issues. Again, thank you.

PELUCH

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

pata negra tapas food , good food and bar after 17.00 hrs tamaulipas street condesa or la cerveceria de barrio(food seafood) good places mexican seafood

Edited: 06 April 2012, 18:20
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
688 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

In those areas you will find from those us food chains to mexican food , so food for any taste...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

There is A LOT of Italian and Argentine food in Condesa (especially in Condesa Hippodromo). We found it very safe to walk around/between Condesa, Roma, etc. The big avenues are sometimes hard to cross!

7. Re: From Colonia Cuhactemoc to Colonia Roma/Condesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:41