We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

I booked a swimming tour for me and my family. My in-laws who are in their late 70's would like to come and watch. I contacted Dolphin Discovery and they said it would be $80 each for transport for them to come and watch. Seems kinda steep, basically what I paid to swim with them. Has anyone had someone accompany them just to watch and what did you do? Were they able to access the park?

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery
3,813 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

I went here about month or so back and found them to upsell everything. My wife and kid went in water to dolphins. There are several packages but they took the one where you walk to the water by ramp and then hug n kiss dolphins. I Don't think they actually swam. in any case, I paid "all you can eat" pass for approx $15 and walked around the park. I watched them and dolphins from distance. It was good enough. I don't think you need to pay anything to watch from the entrance to ramp. Google for images.

I am not sure what you meant by 'transportation' as you did not indicate from where?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

Hi, thanks for the info. The transportation I was referring to is as part of the Dolphin Swim package, they provide you ferry service from Cancun to Isla Mujeres and then shuttle service from the dock to Dolphin Discovery. If I was able to get the "all you can eat pass " that would be great. I did not see that online, how did you purchase that?

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery
3,813 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
wrexham
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

aaless10 who have you booked with.

When we visited we had the all inclusive and we done the royal swim.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

I booked directly with Dolphin Discovery, thru their website. We are doing the Dolphin Swim Adventure.

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Discovery
Dolphin Discovery
3,813 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
wrexham
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

You may need to add VIP lounge (30$)to your package for food and drinks to be included.

When you book the premium swims it's all included

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres

That is a pretty good deal if it includes transportation right from Cancun. I paid around $250 for two on spot tickets (photo package) and one 'all you can eat buffet'.

But... we loved isla mujeres so much that we returned again later in the week. To me the dolphins were waste of time but to my family that was highlight of cancun trip. I hope they will let you go around the island, punts sir is very close by and amazing. Grab a cab from there.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reply to: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted