We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying knockoffs in Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Buying knockoffs in Cancun

We are going to the shopping zone tomorrow and my husband's coworker wants him to look for a fake Rolex. Any ideas on where to look? Also, hubby wants an authentic Breitling for Christmas. I've priced the watch in the states for $4800-5200. Are the prices cheaper here and guarenteed?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

No, prices are not cheaper. They are probably a little more expensive, honestly. Knockoffs of some designers are available in the flea markets like Coral Negro or Market 28. Mostly I've seen fake Oakley sunglasses.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "shopping zone". If you mean different malls, then you have your choices. Plaza Kukulkan has Luxury Avenue that has designer items at full price. La Isla also has designer stores. Other than those malls I've not seen other designer stores at Flamingo Plaza or Plaza Caracol (although jewelry stores are excellent at Caracol).

Cheryl

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

Like Cheryl said, I've seen some knock-off clothing and sunglasses at the downtown markets, and pirated software and DVDs on Ave. Lopez Portillo in downtown, but never watches, purses, etc. If they can be found anywhere, my guess is they'd be in the downtown open-air markets like Market 28.

Labrador
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

A few of the guys I go to Cancun with each year are always checking out the fake Rolex watches. Every flea market has a few stalls that will sell them. One spot in particular where we have looked them over is the flea market at the entrance to the city. I don't have my Map Chick maps with me now and can't remember the name, but it is the flea market at about Tulum and Coba. Just about any northbound bus in the hotel zone passes by there.

Rgds

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

I saw some fake Rolex watches in the mall across the street from the Riu Palace Las Americas.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

Snowfog is referring to Ki-Huic shopping center in downtown Cancun. It is a much smaller version of what you will find Market 28.

6. Re: Buying knockoffs in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 16:15