We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude beaches

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brookings
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Nude beaches

My wife is wondering where they are located.She doesn't want me to be exposed to them.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude beaches

Tell her she won't have any issues. The days of nude beaches in the resort areas seem to be long since gone.

Cincinnati Ohio
Level Contributor
313 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude beaches

Yes, and it is a shame to....lol

Enjoy,

Paul and Sherry

gainesville, FL
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude beaches

Just returned from cancun on January 20. My wife and I took the ferry to Isla Mujeres and went to the public beach there. There were several women going topless and no one seemed to bothered or said anything

Brookings
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude beaches

Thanks for feedback my wife will be pleased to hear I on the other hand Well? LOL.10 days to go all I need is a good stiff drink and a sandy beach.

See Ya at the beach,

pinkflamingos40

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude beaches

Sounds like the wife needs a good stiff drink to relax too! hahaha!

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude beaches

Keep in mind all Beaches in Mexico are Mexican federal property, no resort owns the beach in front of them. Mexico makes no laws restricting nude or topless sunbathing. There are some posters who claim otherwise, but none given any proof of such laws. For those who claim such laws exists, please link to the law, or document something other than a "yes there is a law about this".

-Jay

7. Re: Nude beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2008, 11:27
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude beaches

There were a couple of ladies (older) topless at ERC. NO big deal for us though.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude beaches

The only topless ones that bother me are really overweight men in speedos! LOL

Cancun and especially farther south attracts a lot of Europeans and for them, this is just not a big deal. Fully nude public bathing is definitely not accepted in Mexican culture, but topless bathing around Cancun, while not super common, is not all that rare.

Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude beaches

Tell your wife not to worry...the only topless women we saw when we were there last year were ones that shouldn't be topless in the first place...

p.s. Your wife needs to lighten up!!!