We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Voltage

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cancun Voltage

We are from Canada.

I heard that Cancun is the same electric voltage as us. But I heard they only have the 2 prong outlets.

I want to make sure before we leave in 2 weeks.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Voltage

they do have the same voltage as the US. I haven't closely examined all the electrical outlets, but I haven't seen a three pronged (ground) electrical outlet.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Voltage

Like jhulsa, the only outlets we have seen are for 2 prongs. If you are taking anything with 3 prongs you can buy (for about $1 or $2) a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter. Have a great trip.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Voltage

Some places have 3 prong and some dont. Where I now live, has all 3 prong. But the thing I worry about most is power surge--the power here is often very unstable. If using any type of computer equipment, be sure to have a surge protector.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Voltage

Thanks for this info.

5. Re: Cancun Voltage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 23:18