We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancun valet VS usa transfers

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
cancun valet VS usa transfers

i have never had to book a transfer before as it's always been apart of my package.... this year we are thinking of booking with orbitz and need transfers. I have been told about these 2 companies but i have a few q's...

i understand the prices listed on usa transfers are per vehicle, not per person, but are they one way or round trip? eg) onon cancun valet it shows 65 one way or 125 round trip to PDC, then on usa it shows just 109..??? is that one way or round trip?

is one better over another?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,921 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

I've used both and would highly recommend either one. USA usually plays out to be a couple of dollars cheaper.

Another difference is that I think you have to pay upfront with Cancun Valet whereas with USA you have the option of paying when you get to Mexico (although you can pay in advance if you prefer).

Re: the price you're getting on the USA website - you need to go a little further. If you click on box that says "from $109", it'll take you to another screen with a more comprehensive breakdown of the pricing. FYI, $109 is ROUND trip for a vehicle that will fit up to three people.

HTH

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

16 bucks cheaper yet.. nice :) thx for the info ...

have you ever used orbitz or cheaptickets.com???

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,921 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

You're welcome!

I use Expedia (flight + hotel option); I've looked at Cheap Tickets but never found anything that was cheaper!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

ya i have been looking at them too for flight/hotel. from here they are more expensive, for some LOTS! i have 2 choices i narrowed down to and both are cheaper on the other 2 sites but lots... i just am a bit nervous booking on a site i have never used before even though it seem to be a very popular site others use...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

for example on one of our selections: expedia was 6356, WJV is 5870, and orbitz is 4805.. HUGE difference hey! for 2 adults and 1, 5 year old...

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

We love USA transfers, we used to use cancun valet before but they are more expensive and you have to pay ahead with credit card vs cash with USA.

We are using them today for our return trip to airport from beach palace. Brand new vans, use the coupon code for $5 off.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

my son has used cancunvalet and was very happy. Does USA Transfers give any timeshare spiel?

Sewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

Hi I booked through USA Transfer for our family of 4 we are getting a private van that would hold up to 7 people. Our cost for round trip from Cancun Airport to Riviera Maya, Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and back is $95.00 American Dollars.

Sewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

Also our trip came with transfers, but they would be stopping at other hotels on the way. Called Vaca To Go, they are crediting us the transfer cost, which is much more than we are paying USA Transfer! : - )

Calgary
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,921 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cancun valet VS usa transfers

No timeshare spiel from either in my experience.