We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon palace -bracelets?

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Moon palace -bracelets?

Really puzzled by all the different colour bracelets that people are wearing at moon palace. Do the colours mean anything?

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
583 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

They do! Black is VIP members, silver is premier members, pink are the honeymooners, yellow is... I dont remember them all right now but I am sure someone else will answer.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

Yellow is anyone who did not book through a member. Some of the resorts are adding red for groups.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

Green used to be for Apple Vacations. Bronze / Copper for European booked travelers. Purple for underage. Clear used to be for Le Blanc but heard other resorts are now using a variation of it for concierge.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

I was wondering what the green ones were for, figured it was RCI, but apple makes sense I guess. Long list of em now

Clear is for concierge

So if your there for your wedding and VIP, but your English what color do you get? (laugh) Neopolitan?

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

So is there any advantage to having a black VIP bracelet?

Also some people have more than one bracelet eg pink ones which look more like paper. What are those?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

Ah, the paper bracelet! Best I can figure the plastic one is for the hotel they are staying at and the paper one is for a day pass at the resort they are at. With Palace Resorts, one wristband will get you in to any Palace property except Le Blanc.

A black wristband indicates they have access to the presidential suites. Black with a silver stripe indicates they also have the golf package.

Edited: 26 July 2011, 23:50
England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

Still confused. We are european travellers booked through RCI. But we have yellow bracelets. More importantly I can't see why they bother with all the different colours - other than the underage one which is sensible.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

They do it because it enables them to almost instantly know what kind of things you have included in your package... ie presidential suites & unlimited golf, for example.

It also allows the timeshare folks to know if they can try to sell you an upgrade just by looking at your wrist.

tm
Level Contributor
565 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

do you pay much more for the unlimited golf? Is it worth to upgrade your room when you book or should a person use their $1500 palace credit

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon palace -bracelets?

The golf packages go with the membership. Not all members have bought the package and I don't think unlimited golf packages are even offered anymore.

My philosophy on upgrades to the room - book what you want and are happy with to start with. That way you won't be disappointed with what you have when you get there and if you can get a better room at a better rate you will feel like it was a bargin. Upgrades are not always available, its hit or miss depending on occupancy. There are only so many concierge rooms per hotel for example and when full, they're full. Is it worth it? Who knows. Everybody is different and it depends on what you are looking for. We've never done concierge for example and were perfectly happy with what we booked.