We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Children of La Casita

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
The Children of La Casita

Please don't forget the Children's home La Casita. There are 2 home actually, one for the boys and one for the girls. They are in need of the basic's however, little gifts for the children this time of year would be wonderful. It's a bus ride away from the hotel zone. If you need more info just google it. Thanks for listening...

Theresa in Detroit.

Va
Level Contributor
11,050 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Children of La Casita

Isn't this the place that is wrought with corruption? Don't get me wrong, I like helping kids, but I am no fan of helping someone exploit them. Giving to a place like that is like giving to those people that call claiming to be collecting for firefighters where you give them $10 and they take $9.90 and give the firefighters .10.

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Children of La Casita

no corruption here....come on they ask for simple toys like legos and matchbox cars (what are they like 1.00 each??) nothing electronic or battery operated...you can check out the give a toy get a smile website and see for yourself what Nancy and other volunteers do for these children..don't think there is much of a "black market" on the toys that we bring down to donate...its like toys for tots here except they need the basics..

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Children of La Casita

Cancun1010...You worded it perfect! No bad people. Just children with the basic needs. So Bring some toys or go by Walmart and get some food. No child should do without...

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Children of La Casita

what's the website?

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Children of La Casita

http://s339287268.onlinehome.us/Toy/ try this link,,,we have been donating for years...we also bring down school supplies for the children

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Children of La Casita

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k431246…

this one works too..

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Children of La Casita

Below is the link for La Casita as well:

lacasitadecancun.com/en/1/what_do_we_do.html

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Children of La Casita

Theresa,

What a lovely person you are! The world would be a much nicer place with more people like you! Thank you so much for your information. How fortunate we are to travel and have an opportunity to help others less fortunate, especially children!

Happy Holidays!!

xo

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Children of La Casita

Oceangirl.....Your too kind. I have to thank my Daddy. He'd come home from Sunday mass with a couple of people. My poor Mother. Jumping up to make softboiled eggs and toast.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Children of La Casita

What a gift he gave you and I am sure he is smiling in the knowledge that you are passing on his generosity toward others.

xo