We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smile at Oasis Palm

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Smile at Oasis Palm

Any of the local experts heard of the recent change? I noticed when the name of the hotel changed on my travel documents for my upcoming trip to CUN. Is this an ownership/management change? Optimistic it may improve operations, as if even a portion of the brutal reviews are accurate, the place was in need of an over-haul.

Any info is MUCH appreciated! Salud :)

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
133 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,049 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,378 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
399 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

I'm a cheap broke student, I'm even happy staying at a crappy motel! but I won't ever go back to stay at Oasis Palm!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

I am probably one of the few supporters of Oasis Palm. My family and I have been there for the past 7 years now, and we are leaving again this Saturday for another two week stay. I always get the same room which is on top of the pyramid with a huge terrace. The food is excellent for all the 6 restaurants. Oasis were involved in a court battle with the Be Live Resorts, it was terminated over a year ago with Oasis claiming back all their resorts. Since then numerous management changes have been taken place. The kids Club has always been a great success and the location of the hotel is great for families...it is after all a family resort and the value for the money is unbeatable. My cost for two weeks with two adults and two kids all included even airfare and taxes from Toronto is $3,728 for two weeks. I will report to you again after my two week stay.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 09:28
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

We had booked Oasis Palm two years ago but upgraded to their Grand section upon arrival. Fantastic meals at their Brazilian restaurants, much nicer rooms and top shelf liquor. You can negotiate with front desk when you arrive.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
825 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

I stayed in the Grand section in 2009. For an "oasis" resort I thought it was fine. My extended family had never been to an AI or Mexico for that matter and they really liked it.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
399 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

it seems there is a huge difference between the Oasis Palm and their Grand Oasis Palm

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

They share the pools, beach. Grand guests get to use the restaurants of regular oasis palm but not vice versa.

Beach is very shallow with no waves.

The Grand section is a new high rise they built next to palm. They charged us $50 more per night which to me was worth it.

CNY
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

We spent a day there last month because we'd never been to a resort at the top part of the "7". The food was wonderful, had a fab drink, chairs on the beach were plentiful, but I prefer the waves down at the Grand Oasis Cancun. We didnt see any rooms, so I can't comment on them. The difference between Grand and Oasis seems to be huge across the board at their properties. Definitely well worth the upgrade!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! It has been very helpful.

I normally email the resort before I go, just to make requests with regard to beds, room location, etc. I couldn't find an email address anywhere. If someone happens to know it, please pass it along or private message me.

Have a great time Christian. Looking forward to your report :)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

We were at the Palm this past June. Everyone in our party like the hotel, staff and food.

As for e-mailing them, I tried numerous times with no replies.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smile at Oasis Palm

I don't mind if they don't reply, I just like to try anyways. If anyone has the email addy I'd really appreciate it. Thx :)