We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Does anyone have any experience they can share about Discovery Mundo, please? I am thinking of booking them for the airport transfer as well as a Whale Shark trip. Round trip for two on the transfer is $70 to Le Blanc. Whale Shark trip is $179 plus 10% off for booking both together.

I'm really looking for any information on reliability and quality of service, please.

Thanks in advance.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

On my last vacación to Cancun i hired their transportation services. I was traveling from Mexico DF and staying in hotel Oasis, in the hotel zone of Cancun.

They were on time, the staff was friendly and never had an issue in any of the both transfers.

Va
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Wait for it.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Pamgamiz - thanks very much for your reply. Much appreciated.

Sunngod - lol! Whilst trawling through to ensure this company hadn't been covered elsewhere I did see some of the exchanges re: transfers!

4. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 21:22
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,057 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Robert S - pretty old post

Canada Transfers charges $50 return so this one sounds a bit more expensive

Whale Shark tours are $125 (regulated ) so the extra $50 they charge for likely transportation to the boat near Cancun is pricey

Instead, go find a Whale Shark company that is trustworthy, not a 3rd party company

Just mho

Edited: 17 August 2013, 20:43
6. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 11:33
Edited: 07 October 2014, 11:33
7. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 11:33
Rochester, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

Last week was the last time I will use them. I have used them for six segments to/from the airport/hotel. To make a long story short, they were horribly late 3 of the 6 times.

Rochester, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

UPDATE...I have had a lengthy conversation with the owner (Jenny) of Discovery Mundo. She has gone above and beyond to explain what happened to us, and why. More importantly, she explained what she has done to ensure that similar problems do not occur in the future. Based on our lengthy dialog, I've concluded that I will use Discovery Mundo for our next trip to Cancun.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discovery Mundo - transfer and tour

We paid for premium service and had an awful experience.

On arrival, there was nobody waiting. Nobody holding a sign with my name. I found the rep, he called in and I waited for my vehicle. When it arrived, it was an old worn-out suv. Seats were worn, scraped and dirty. The finishes were pealing off the dashboard and doors.

There were no drinks at all. Although the driver did say he would stop if we wanted anything. Big fail. We had been traveling all day and were looking forward to a nice cold beer and easy drive to PDC.

Basically our experience was nothing like was promised by the website.