We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco Cancun

Plainfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Costco Cancun

Hi, we will be travelling to Cancun in June and I know this is kind of lame, but I am very excited that there will be a Costco, close to our resort. Has anyone ever shopped there? Impressions?

Thanks,

Jim

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,262 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco Cancun

some recent posts ( 8 miles I believe so a 15 minute taxi)

www.tripadvisor.ca/SearchForums…

Edited: 28 April 2013, 12:38
Plainfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco Cancun

Thank you for the link, but I was looking for more of a first hand impression from those who have been shopping in the store.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco Cancun

it is an outstanding shopping experience, not mucg different to shopping a Costco here in USA, and Costco is rated A plus for customer shopping experience for a reason, and the Cancun one is no exception. Great store

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco Cancun

Where is the Costco located and can you get there by bus from the hotel zone?

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco Cancun

Most products are from USA, same as in your Costco, prices are higher than in USA, because they must bring stuff all the way here ...

Cannot get there by direct bus, need to take bus to downtown then take local taxi 30 pesos ($2.5 dlls) each way cost to Costco, some 10 min ride to get there from downtown bus station

Edited: 28 April 2013, 17:48
San Bruno...
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco Cancun

Do you need a membership ??

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco Cancun

Costco membership valid worldwide, If you purchased in USA it will give you access to Costco in Mexico.

Also, before they use to give "day pass" is free, not sure it they still do it, did not asked for years

8. Re: Costco Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 01:17