We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

THE best all inclusive ??

New Jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
THE best all inclusive ??

We were at the Iberostar MAYA last April...now they have a policy...no more than 2 in a room unless your child is under 12! They say they are trying to eliminate "spring breakers"...well what do you do if you have 2 teenagers?? We are looking for a 5 star, all inclusive..or hotel with a meal plan either in Cancun, or Playa or Riviera Maya. Ideally within a half hour of the airport......can anyone recommend a resort with great pools..and a great beach...and of course, great food (for an AI that is!) We're considering the Westin, Paradisus Riviera, Casa Magna Marriot..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

Never been there but I've heard good things about it and the Conde Nast Travelers Readers just voted it, the second best "resort" hotel in Mexico...the Royal Hideaway in RM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

Hi Samata - have you looked at Moon Palace? This is an all-inclusive 5 star resort that is about 10 minutes from the airport and approximately 30 minutes from Cancun. Teenagers 17 & under are priced as a youth's rate (approximately 1/2 cost of adult) and they do take 4 to a room. The only draw back is that the beach isn't great but the pools more than make up for that. We were there in March and have booked to return in March 2007. Good luck!

denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

The Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun was noted best all inclusive resort beach resort anywhere by Crystal awards with Apple vacations. Read the reviews and talk to most people here and they will agree. We will be there in 17 days to let you know how it is. We are taking 2 teenagers.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,145 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

One thing I notice, is that the resorts in the Playa Riviera area are much more spread out and have that tropical feel. Resorts in Cancun are more hotel like, and right next to each other.

I vote for RPLA, it's one of my favorites.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

Based on high vote scores and positive comments from their guests, I would suggest the following Hotel Zone resorts:

Riu Palace Las Americas

Royal Solaris

GR Solaris

Omni Resort

These resorts are all high end and the give you the advantage to being in the Hotel Zone. I look at this as being an advantage because when you travel with a group or family, it is nice to have the option of being able to get away from your resort's grounds and explore the area a little. Cancun's Hotel Zone offers so many activities, great shopping malls, restaurants, bars and club options which you just can't find anywhere else. This can be especially helpful when traveling with children who may need to be entertained a little.

Enjoy planning your vacation in paradise,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancun Travel Survey Guide Book

Chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

samata,

I know what you mean. I wants to stay at the iberostar Tucan and have a 16y/o & an 11 y/o. I 'm not sure I want to take achance that our rooms wont be close. We are thinking of the Riu yucatan. They are supoosed to have a great beach. Someone suggested the Moon Palace, but have heard their beach is very rocky.Good luck!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

How longs a piece of string.

Everyone on here will give you there own fav hotel. Theres lots of popular hotels on this board and for lots of different reasons. Read as many reviews as you can and make your own mind up. If you start from the top of the list at the side of this page and work your way down as they are listed with the best hotel reviews from the top.

Daz.

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

My mom stayed at Riu Palace and my sister has stayed at Riu Cancun and said they were great hotels , the food was good and treated very well. I had lunch at the buffet and was really surprised at how good it was compared to other buffets. I have heard many great things about these hotels and they said that their packages were reasonably priced. Definetly keep reading the reviews.. it helps alot!

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: THE best all inclusive ??

hi barnstyke

totally totally agree

whats good for one is poor for others

just shows it takes a fellow brit to say so

barry and mary

manchester