We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

What is the local opinion of this tour? Looks like they have a dinner cruise or just a sunset cruise.

Also, what about the trip to Passion Island with the kayaks thru the rivers and mangroves?

Lastly, is it better to book before we go or when we get there?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

Ya know, i have talked to these guys thru emails a few times in the last couple weeks and get info i don't want. I want to take a group of 8 on the sunset party cruise and they just aren't listening to me. I email them about it and they tell me about the dinner. I email them again and they tell me the same thing. All they tell me is they have a great dinner cruise and they have even discounted it in the third email. I'm wondering if they don't do the sunset cruise anymore?

oklahoma
Level Contributor
653 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

We did the Pirate dinner cruise from Cancun one year. Here is my two cents worth.

The food was awesome, lobster and steak.

I got motion sickness the moment they undocked.

They passed out dramamine like it was candy. (thank goodness)

They worked very hard to entertain the guest.

It would be great if you had kids with you to see how excited they got when we got into a "feud" with another cruise boat.

The price WAY high.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

I hear the Pirate ship, "Jean LaFitte" DJ go past our condo when they sail by. I feel sorry for the people trapped on the boat having to listen to them try to get the party going.

The dinner cruise may be a bit quieter, but the booze cruise just doesn't sound like fun.

The boat is a bit top heavy and does rock back and forth when the water is choppy. I think dinner is in the ferry pier area which is a bit calmer.

It's nice to watch it sail by with the lights and everything, but it doesn't appear to me to be my cup of tea. If you want a sunset cruise, try Cozumel Sailing or the Manta sail boat.

Jean LaFitte and Coz Sailing both leave out of Puerto Abrigo just north of the airport road on Melgar.

Pirate Ship Pics:

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…4984048766060199954

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5156426115963608962

Cozumel Sailing Pics:

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5056423329966438082

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5160328013124680690

Manta Pics:

…google.com/NahHaCozumel/…5075349397789912722

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

They show the dinner cruise to be $70 and the sunset cruise $35 so I suppose they are on different "pirate" ships???

What about Passion Island? Anyone taken that tour???

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

It's the same Pirate boat, but on different nights.

Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

It's best to pay for your trip when you get there.

We were in Cozumel stayed at the Elcozumeleno 7 days. June 2008 I am returning for Valentines Day My husband and I are going this time without the kids. YES!! We can't wait to take the Priate ship dinner cruise again. It is WONDERFUL!! VERY MUCH WORTH THE MONEY. We paid 70.00 the food is awesome. the entertainment is fantastic..

Alberta
Level Contributor
281 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

We went on the pirate ship last March. It is a bit cheesy, but if you go with a good sense of humor and ready for some fun then you will enjoy it. There were quite a few kids on board and there is quite a bit of drinking but everyone behaved. My dd, who was 9 very much enjoyed it and got to dance with Jack Sparrow so it was very exciting for her. The meal was good, they get people involved in silly drinking games and when they are heading back to shore at the end of the evening there is loud music and lots of dancing. There were people from all over (England, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, US, Japan and more) on the ship and that was kind of cool.

Ashland, Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

We have done this 3 times and love it everytime! There is a lot of drinking, dancing, and games. The crowd really gets involved. I thought that the food was very good. We did this last week with 2 of our friends, it was there first time, and they had a blast. If you like good food, booze, and a fun time this is for you!!

Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

You were in cozumel last week? as in Jan. 2009?

I'm asking cause the last time i was there was in June. i was wondering how the weather was.

Ashland, Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pirate Ship Dinner Cruise

Yes, last week 2009, the weather was nice. It was about 80 during the day and low 70's at night. Could have maybe used a jacket at night. The water I thought was a little cool for my likings around 72 or so. This was my first trip to Coz in the winter. It rained most everyday we were there, but did not last. Much better than the frigid temps, ice and snow here in Kansas.