We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

Any info on who is the best to rent from the airport. I've used Thrifty & Avis but interested in other opinions. Question of insurance always seems to puzzle me. Decline the collision and depend on my credit card collision or not. What's best?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,846 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

If you look at the Top Questions box on the right, there are two topics about car rentals.

HTH

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

I always rent from Thrifty. Carmen and Russell are very good to me and I feel confident of the insurance coverage. I get full insurance with no deductible, runs about $25-$29/day atop the base.

You have to rent from who you are most comfortable with and yes, read the two threads in Top Questions.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

your CC insurance is useless in mexico

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

An 800 number and a call center in Iowa if thats all you got in a foreign land, good luck. You should haveenough on your card topay for the total damage onyour rental, then make your claim back in the states. You are responsiblefor all damages beforeyou can leave Mexico by declining coverage.

Edited: 24 November 2011, 10:52
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

Sorry, Space Bar issues today...

6. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:42