We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi at Occidental Grand

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi at Occidental Grand

I was just wondering about purchasing wifi at the Occidental. Do you have to purchase it for a week or can you do hourly? I like to check in at least once during the week.

michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

Hourly or minutes available near lobby using their computer lounge. You can purchase wifi by the day for your own laptop, don't think hourly available for that type of service.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

Thanks a lot!!

Whitmore Lake...
Level Contributor
30 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

is there any free spots around the resort? Do you know how much the fees for wi fi are?

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

From the OG facebook page:

The cost of the WI-Fi service in rooms is $11 us per an hour, $26 usd per a day and $81 usd per a week. Feel free to contact us at agerenciaogc@mx.occidentalhotels.com if you need further assitance. Best Regards Yamile Cruz Assitant Manger Occidental Grand

The cost for using the OG computers is less, but not by much!

You can buy the minutes and use them which ever days you want until all gone.

We bought 60 minutes and it cost $12. We made it last 7 days. (You must use the OG computers with this plan) Hated to do it, but she HAD to!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

WOW !!! I can't believe it, you pay the big price to stay at these fancy All Inclusive resorts and they charge you $11 per hour to use your own computer.

Exactly what does "ALL INCLUSIVE" mean ??? Do they charge extra for electricity if you want to use the lights at night ??? Just wondering ???

The more I hear about these "All Inclusive" resort the happier I am that I have never stayed in one !!!

When I visit Merida I stay in a nice hotel 1/2 block from the main Plaza downtown for about $28 per night and the Wifi is FREE.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 23:11
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

Just have to add, stayed at the Grand Occidental in March and worth every penny!!

Whitmore Lake...
Level Contributor
30 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

Thanks Deb. going tomorrow! Any tips?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

RotarianDavid, you could stay at a 5* hotel in Toronto or Ottawa and still have to pay for parking and internet. It's not unusual at all. We've got a suite at Blue Mountain, Collingwood next weekend. We'll be bringing our Rocket Hub rather than pay their internet prices.

That being said, I guess all-inclusives have to make money somewhere, right? Gift shops and interwebs.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

Spedteacherytown..............beware the timeshare people. They have their own office area in the lobby near the front desk by the staircase and they hang out along the walkway to the pools and sometimes at the actual buildings. I would make quick eye contact and a curt hello and be on my way, never had a problem!

Moncton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wifi at Occidental Grand

How about access to internet, does not have to be WIFI.