We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fare drop

ontario
Level Contributor
288 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
fare drop

westjet has a bit of a seat sale right now - I was booking for feb 26 - mar 8 and yesterday fare was $650 Canadian, more than i'd ever paid. least i'd ever paid was about 535 for non-stop - this morning fares dropped and I have it for 550 pp. so-while watching carefully I have the exact room at the exact hotel for the right time period for about what the on-line travel sites were posting about a month ago. I have found the variable is the cost of the fare, the hotel price doesn't change; some hotels are almost fully booked now.

so - book with a travel agent or manage yourself? I've been making my own arrangements for years (once I discovered agents charged and mostly screwed things up, and some online sites add a booking charge). I book the hotel before I leave or as soon as I have dates and start watching fares. I call bestday about two weeks in advance for the transfer and call or email the hotel to confirm my room choice. always works out great.

West Kelowna
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: fare drop

We book the hotel before we leave IM, and then look for good fares. WestJet, is around 1050 each for Sun to Sun nonstops out of Kelowna today. I see that Westjet is offering "econ' fares from Toronto/ They have not offered any "econ" fares out of Kelowna, since a couple of days in early April. (around 330 each way) we paid 840 RT each in May. (flex) So I watch every day, and if they drop the fares by more than the 50$ cancellation fee we paid for, by buying a flex fare., we cancel and buy back at the reduced fair.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fare drop

I booked my air with west jet with flight network which is located here in Oakville. They offer a credit if the price drops. Last year I got nothing as I hit lowest but this year I have a $100 credit for the next trip. I find that booking this way takes a lot of the stress out of waiting for the cheapest fare. It used to drive me crazy.

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fare drop

Try checking Air Canada. They had a sale a couple days ago.. $295 out of Toronto... all in.

4. Re: fare drop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 00:17