We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 5

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Day 5

Rain is over but extremely windy. Palms bending in two. On our morning Malecon walk we were pushed along by the wind

After breakfast we walked again and stopped by to say hello to Tiffany at Barlito. Since we had never tried her famous cinnamon roll, we shared one with a coffee. I had no idea they had pecans in them yum. No everyone everyone raves about them

We met a couple of other friends. Giovanni formerly of PA recognized us and come over for a chat. I then spied a lady wearing an "islaholic" bracelet. I asked our she was Val.... and she was so had another chat saying we would see each other on the 7 th if not before.

I also bought our caribe on canvas calender while we were there

Great to see one of the months has Maria the pepita lady on it.

Managed to fit in a little beach to time between 10 and 1 but it was still quite windy and the sand booking in your face, drink ls blowing over.

I had a holistic 80 min massage inn the afternoon Combines 5 different massages techniques. So good I fell asleep twice during.

Too windy for beach dinner so we had a wood fired pizza and a bottle of wine for dinner at Angelo Very yummy

Also went to buy a couple bottles at Covi and we find its no longer called that and there wine selection is nowhere as good as it used to be

Our friends fro New Brunswick arrive today. Very much looking forward to that

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 5

I'm glad to hear the rains have finally let up. Once the winds die down all will be right on Isla again. Be careful with those cinnamon rolls, they can become addictive. I don't know what tiffany puts in them, but once you have one you're hooked. On more than one occasion I've had breakfast somewhere in Centro and then find myself lingering around on Hidalgo doing a little "shopping" until the smell of those rolls draw me in. There I always find Tiffany with her ever present smile and as I order that delicious treat I wonder if behind that smile she is thinking "Ha I got him again!"

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! Keep those reports coming, with nine days still to go I need something to get me through.

canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 5

I only got one cinnamon bun on our last trip last year, other times we went they were sold out including our last breakfast on the island :( I need to plan better this year and maybe try to pre-order. Especially on our last day. With the lack of cinnamon buns on hand I did end up getting addicted to their fresh made everything bagel with cream cheese, tomato and onion, sooo good!!!

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 5

I am hoping that I can manage to get at least one cinnamon roll this year. Missed every time I tried last year. Since we are staying in Centro I will try again this year. Thanks for the report.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 5

If Tiffany is out of the buns, try one of her muffins. Carrot is so yummy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 5

Sounds like a great time. Totally agree, those cinnamon rolls are amazing. Loving the reports, keep them coming.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 5

Hoping for continuing good beach days for you. Thank you for the reports!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 5

I was the first cinnamon bun customer of the day yesterday. Watched Brad pull them out of the oven! Yum, with hot coffee, on a chilly Isla day... does life get any better than that! :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 5

TNY it is still cool, windy and it just started raining as I am typing this......

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 5

I know it's rainy season but isn't this an unusual amount of rain for November?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 5

This is a Norte, second one of the season I think, I'm not sure how many they predict for this year. One local diver told me that it would last four or five days.