We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day 6 sand 7 short report

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
day 6 sand 7 short report

Well the Norte is still blowing.

Managed a free hours of beach time each morning but by lunch cloudy with showers.

Our friends from New Brunswick arrived yesterday and share a bottle of wine with us

I had bought a second Islaholic bracelet for Patty which she was thrilled with

It was Mediterranean night at Sabor so we thought we would give it a try. Not great. Think we will stick with cafe del mar, satay or eating out.

They had also called a turkey inn honor of thanksgiving. They really had no idea what they were doing. Mr Lovebirds had to show them how to carve it properly and when they cut into our deeply it was not cooked. So glad I didn't have any. It disappeared moments later.

The fire alarm went off several times in our building through the night we joked that they must be recooking the Turkey.

Decided we are going to try Du Torri tonight if it's too cool or wet to sit outside.

Despite the weather we are both getting some nice colour. So glad we are here for another 2 weeks so the weather can improve

Mentioned in this post
Brunswick
Brunswick
Golden Isles of Georgia, GA
Beachin’ Burrito
$, Mexican, American
North Garden
$, Mexican, Caribbean, Contemporary
Xantolo
$$ - $$$, Mexican
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day 6 sand 7 short report

Sorry, the weather hasn't been that great for you. Hopefully the system will move out of here soon. I was surprised to see the rain this afternoon!

I laughed at your joke about recooking the turkey. But scarey that they didn't cook it properlyl!

Looking forward to hearing your review of Du Torri, have heard many mixed reviews about it.

Enjoy your vacation, fellow Vancouver Islanders :)

2. Re: day 6 sand 7 short report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 01:18