We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merida 6 days suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Merida 6 days suggestions?

Hi, My fiance and i will be on our honeymoon in December and will be spending 5 days in Playa del carmen and cancun area at different times in the honeymoon but we also have around 6 days where it has been suggested we go to Merida. From what i have seen there isnt much to do there and its not on the beach. We do like nature and cultural things but is there enough to do in Merida or should be stop off from cancun along the coast somewhere on the way - we will be taking the bus so that we dont get bored? After Merida we will be travelling to Tulum to start a tour down the coast and will see chichen itza on the way. Appreciate any ideas!

14 replies to this topic
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Merida 6 days suggestions?

if you take a car from Cancun towards Merida ,it's a great freeway (easy to drive good signage). maybe stop in Valladolid for a stroll through their open air market in the central plaza. the plaza itself is surrounded by restaurants on all sides. continue on towards Merida and you will soon reach Chichen Itza. they used to put on a fantastic light and music show at the ruins at night ( bone chilling good). stay overnight at a number of nearby hotels. then continue on to Merida.Merida is highly regarded by locals for it's art and culture . i will be travelling there in january and will be looking for folklorico dance and music performances.

12. Re: Merida 6 days suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 September 2017, 22:05

Ashland, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
78 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Merida 6 days suggestions?

Plenty to do in Merida for 6 days. My family spent 8 days there in August and could have kept busy for a much longer visit. Resteraunts, Museums, shopping, cantinas, markets, zoo's, or just walking and seeing the sights. This was our first trip not renting a car, so we stayed in the city the whole time. There are different events happening every night in the centro area (music, dancing, a Mayan ball game).

London ON
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Merida 6 days suggestions?

These are restaurants we enjoy having lunch or dinner for a memorable meal and ambiance.

North - 'Crabster' on the Malecon in Progreso

South - 'Pickled Onion' just south of Santa Elena about 15 km past Uxmal.

East - 'Hacienda Teya' about 8 km from Merida on the north side of the Merida to Cancun road.

East in Izamal - 'Kinich' about 4-5 blocks north of the main square.

There are many other good eating locations, but these are currently our favourites.

Reply to: Merida 6 days suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted