We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

There is conflicting info regarding a direct bus from Cancun airport to Merida, some sites say yes...others say no, we have to connect at the downtown Cancun bus terminal. Some say there is a mini bus that goes direct and others say there is a regular bus that goes direct. I've looked at the bus web site and tried to find out but no go..... anyone taken a direct bus ?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,358 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

It is on the ADO website at www.ado.com.mx

The answer is yes, they have the Cancun Airport to Merida service. I looked at Dec. 14 for example and I see 6 buses per day. If you are looking at a date far in advance, that could be a problem. ADO often doesnt post these far in advance but the schedules rarely change.

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

Is that a regular bus or a van? I have read that there are only vans from the airport and that they are not as comfortable as the buses. Is that true?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,358 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

True the vans are not as comfortable. It appears now most are buses and very comfortable. You can look at the seating charts on www.ado.com.mx to see if the schedule is a bus or van.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

Just wanted to post that we took the van last week from Cancun Airport to Merida. True, space is a bit more limited, but we got through the journey without any problems and not going to downtown Cancun probably got us home 90 mins quicker.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,358 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

I can also live with the van if need be. And anything to avoid going into Cancun. My most recent ADO van experience was a trip to the Zona Libre in Belize from Merida in an ADO van with a friend. We survived.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

It's worth mentioning that if you break it up into two legs with a connection at the Cancun bus terminal, there is *frequent* service on both legs. Much more frequent than the direct option, which I believe is only a recent addition.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,358 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

The direct option has existed more than a year but not certain how long before that. True, many more options if you go into Cancun. Never a long wait with so many Merida departures.

8. Re: Direct bus Cancun airport to Merida....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 01:17