We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

A question for those who have stayed at the Barcelo Resorts, specifically the Beach/Caribe...I believe the the water park/water slides are located in the Colonial/Tropical section of the Barcelo Complex. So, if we are staying on the Beach/Caribe section, will the kids be able to play on those water slides?

Also...does anyone have experience with the Kids Club available? I'll be traveling with four kids, ages 2, 6, 9 & 12. Did your kids enjoy the kids club? Was it good for just a few hours, all day, or not at all?

Thanks!

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

If you stay on the Tropical/Colonial side, then you have access to everything at the Beach/Caribe side of the resort. But it doesn't work the other way. As far as the water slide goes, they will only allow kids that are 12 and under, as the pool is very shallow, and the kids hit the bottom quite hard. The lifeguards will ask the older kids to leave. Sorry, don't know about the kids club, as our kids aren't interested (too much else going on!!) The best place for answers is .........

unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/index.php

.....and also the TA site , which is for Puerto Juarez--

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g240328-i9616-Puer…

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

We are also considering this resort. Can you share what you have found out about the Kids Club? We have done Disney World and would like to try something different, --- we have ten year old twins, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

MI
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

We have stayed at the Barcelo Colonial and Tropical Twice and it was awesome both times. June 2007 and July 2008 with two kids now ages 7 and 5. They loved the waterpark/slides as well as the kids club. Marianna in the Colonial/Tropical kids club was the best. She would even take the kids to the buffet for meals, so the wife and I could have a relaxing meal.

Justin, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

We stayed at the Barcelo Beach this past June. The kids area at the Beach/Caribe isn't much, the Tropical/Tropical is better but the Palace has a wonderful pool area for children. I didn't take any kids but I did take notes of the kids area for future visits with my niece.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

Your kids can use the water park at Colonial/Tropical even if you are staying at Beach/Caribe. You probably wont be able to use the pool at the Palace. The Palace is pretty much off-limits to everyone except Palace guests. However, you CAN eat at the Palace, for $20 extra per-person, per-meal.

MI
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

A guest of the Caribe/Beach can you the pools and waterpark at the palace, however you can not eat or get drinks at palace bars.

7. Re: Barcelo Resort - Water Slides & Kids Club Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 22:20