We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

Bean777
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

Just wondering if anyone who has been to Playa in the rain can fill us in...is it a killer or does it come and go so you can still enjoy the sunshine?

I can't believe it would stay that gray this time of year.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

It is winter in Mexico also!

Traveling 9 times to Mexico in Jan/Feb we have only had rain twice. In 2004 and this year so really the odds are good you won't have rain. This year it hung around a few days longer then I like but as I said it wasn't snow!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

Hi Bean

I was in PDC Jan 10 - 17th as well - rain, overcast, rain, rain., overcast - all day. It really is what you make of it. What are you going to do? Make thebest of it! We still went ziplining, drank, went for walks, used the hot tub, met new people, went to Cozumel. You cant do anything about the weather, but you CAN have fun. I'm a beach girl through and through but I didnt let it ruin my vacation. Go - have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

Probably rained an inordinate amount for the same reason it's just about the snowiest winter on record here! I sure hope the winds change.

But, yes - do ruins, museums, shops, all those things anyway. Good suggestions, thanks.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

I agree with the last poster. Its been the coldest winter here for 13 years here in the Uk. Australia have had extreem weather too, droughts in some area and cold in usually hot places. I guess mother nature likes to remind us she holds the cards and doesnt always play fair. Im off to Mexico tomorrow and the weather forecast (if correct) doesnt look great, but its forecast to be freezing or below for the week here and I dont live in the north of the UK. Monday could be minus 7, so what ever I get in Playa next week its going to be better then here. But Yeah, it will be disappointing if it comes true and is bad, 72 degrees lots of cloud, windy rain, but we will just have to get on with it and think of the folk back home shovelling snow, doing the school run, cooking, laundry, ironing, going to work and so on and and so on .........

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
15. Re: Travel to Playa in the rain?...is it still a great trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 07:25