We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

Nebraska
4 posts
Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

My fiance and I are getting ready to book our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen for June of 2009. However, I keep going back and forth on which hotel to select though! we would like to keep somewhat of a budget going, so aren't looking at extremely top of the line. We are young and do like to party, but we don't want a whole bunch of drunk 18 year olds being loud and obnoxious either. Just a little nightlife would be good, but we want somewhat privacy also since it WILL be our honeymoon! The most important thing to me is a good beach, and we also want all inclusive definitely. We are planning to ferry to Cozumel for a day also. I have looked at: Riu Yucatan, Riu palace, Secrets Capri, and The Royal...any thoughts/suggestions? Any help would be appreciated:) Thanks in advance!!!

Hockeytown, USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
1. Re: Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

The Royal it's right in the middle of everything. Best beach in Playa.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
568 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

The Royal is very nice. Great food, no reservations required at ala cartes. Very comfortable king beds. In room 2 person spa tub, how romantic is that! Not a real party place, but fun activities during the day. All adult, 20's to seniors, so don't have any naughty kids around. Nicest hotel beach in area, for softer (less coral) sand go to north end of beach, great beach service, NO towel cards! Short 2 block walk up to 5th Ave. Only negative is there are time share sales people. We never went the "orientation" and just avoided the guy and were pretty much left alone. I've read on here that the pitch sounds good, but that the timeshare promises are not kept. Beware of them and you will have a fabulous time at the Royal.

Nebraska
4 posts
3. Re: Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

Thanks for the replies, I will definitely look into that! It is so hard for me to tell, then I get frustrated:) What is the difference between The Royal and The Royal Hideaway, if anyone knows? Thanks, Im getting so excited now!!!

4. Re: Need Hotel Recommendations for PDC!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:19