We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Hi

Is there any difference between the two. I am staying at Sandos Caracol and thinking of going. Obviously the one in Playa would be better for me, anyone whose been? And is it worth it?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Yes, it's definitely worth it (at least once!) Go to the one in Playa. There's not alot of difference between the two.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
220 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

2upfront,

Candylady is right...it is worth it it is a ton of fun. The Playa one seems a bit smaller than Cancun.....but since you are at the Sandos don't aste your time going to Cancun.

FINS UP ___/)___

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

I agree with the above post. We have been to Cancun's Coco Bongo 4 times & Playa's last year. Not much difference, same set-up inside and equally spectacular show.

Bolton
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Thanks for the info. Very helpful

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
950 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Can anyone who has been to Coco Bongo please let me know if 40 somethings who do not do night clubs as a rule would enjoy it.We almost went last year but then did not end up going.We like to have fun and enjoy a party we just don't do the night club scene anymore but thought this sounded fun for a night .So anyone our age 40's - 1 -50 yr old experienced the club and had fun??

Bolton
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Im 39 and I think im going to give it a go!

Elmsdale, Nova...
Level Contributor
477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Coco Bongo's sounds like a great evening of entertainment ..Sandos Caracol advertised it every evening before the show started.. When we stayed at Sandos this past ApriI..there was a person available daily to book thru..A bus picked you up at the resort & returned you in the wee hours of the morning..I checked out their website also..Can hardly wait to return to Sandos in March 2011 & enjoy an evening there with my UK & NY friends..and I'm alot older thean 39..lol But young at heart..

east kilbride
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Hi shellster,

My wife and i (at that time in our late 40's) went two years ago to Cancun with our 18 year old son and we all loved it. The show was spectacular and a definite must no matter what age you are. It's more than just a night club !!

Go and enjoy!!

Del

kelowna, BC canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

My wife and I are in our 50's and went to Coco Bongo's in Playa. We hadn't been to a club or stayed up past midnight in a veryyyyy long time. We totally enjoy the music and the shows. Got back to our resort and hit the pillow around 3:30am. Going back to Mexico in November and may do it again.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
730 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Bongo's Playa or Cancun

Yes, its a great show. I'm in my 40's and have been several times to the one in Cancun and Playa. I would suggest going on a week night though, as the line to get in on weekends can get pretty long sometimes.

Both clubs have great shows, but I think the one in Cancun is quite a bit bigger.