We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beautiful beaches

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
109 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
beautiful beaches

I am going to Playa soon. I would like to know which are the most beautiful beaches , in order to choose a hotel not so far. Thank you very much for any info you can send me. And if you know about any beach with a bit of shade, it would be great.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beautiful beaches

Any of the Resorts in Playa Del Carmen or south in Playa Car are beautiful. You would have to go south to Xpu-Ha Beach to equal those. The beaches south of Tulum Ruins are even better yet.

North of Playa Del Carmen the best beaches are South of the Iberostar and North of El Dorado Maroma, this beach is Maroma Beach. A bit further both there are pieces of amazing beaches with Playa Secreto being the best.

As much as I don't care for Cancun there is little arguing that the beaches in the Hotel zone are also amazing now.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beautiful beaches

The beach in Playacar is perfect. There are 13 All Inclusives (AI's) in Playacar on the beach, all a little different and one to fit any budget. Playacar is just to the south of Playa del Carmen and a short walk or inexpensive taxi ride. If they don't have palm trees for shade, then they will have beach umbrellas. Most have both trees and umbrellas.

The beaches in Playa del Carmen are also perfect, but fewer AI's. The Royal Playa del Carmen is adults only but it's sister resort the Gran Porto Real is just across the street and they love kids.

There are numerous little boutique beach hotels in Playa and even more boutique hotels in town at a lesser cost.

Condos are all over the place, on the beach, just off the beach but with a view and then real inexpensive condos a little ways away from the beach. These are all within close proximity to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

3. Re: beautiful beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 01:16