We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

Hi, Is there some sort of transport to the main highway 307 from the resort? When picking up other guests on our way back to the airport in our coach we noticed that it was quite a long drive from the gate to the hotel. We had passed a golf course and other resorts. Is there any golf cart train of some sort? If so until what time does it run?

Thanks in advance

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

No, you will need a taxi.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

If you want to walk into 5th avenue you do not need to take the main highway. Just head north (right turn) on the road in front of the resort. It is about a 20 to 25 minute walk or $7US taxi. You will pass the Playacar golf course on the way.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

If you are looking to get to the highway for the collectivos, it's probably easiest to go into Playa and pick one up there.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

"Is there any golf cart train of some sort?" If you asked that because you saw one it was probably the golf cart shuttle that takes guests from the Riu Tequila to the Riu Yucatan beach.

montreal
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

Thanks everyone for your help, I pretty sure that I will be booking this resort

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
455 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

I timed our walk a couple of days ago from the front door of the RPM to the ADO station on 5th Ave. At a normal, I have something to do, type pace it took us 32 minutes. The return trip took a bit longer because we keep getting thirsty and had to stop in at a few of the other Riu lobby bars for a drink.

7. Re: Riu Palace Mexico shuttle to highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 05:17