We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

Any comments on the wi-fi at the Grand Occidental would be appreciated. Cost/service etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
467 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

bump

Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

We were there a couple of years ago and wi if was non existent . There are data ports in the rooms but they were not working when we were there. They do have a data port for use at the entry level of the buildings but someone was always using it and no one monitoring the time each person could use it so you just had to wait. Didn't really like this resort.

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

Sorry it didn't work out for you SuzyQ.

We have enjoyed several vacations here, the most recent was November of last year. We don't use the wi-fi but I have paid to use time in the business center. The costs was reasonable for confirming flights or stuff like that but I don't remember the exact price.

This is from an older post about the wi-fi:

"There is wi-fi service in the lobby of the hotel, but it's $15/hour. You can either purchase it through a webpage when you connect or buy a prepaid card at the front desk. I would recommend the card... if you somehow lost your connection while logged in, I don't know if it would keep charging you. With the card, at least you know when your hour is up, you won't be charged beyond that."

Kansas
Level Contributor
301 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

I was able to get a weak free signal while up by the specialty restaurants. Sorry, I do not remember the name of the network.

5. Re: Wi-fi at the Grand Occidental Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:40