We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

Is the RIU Palace worth $400 more than Viva Maya? Or shoud I just keep the VWM? Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
146 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

yes! yes! Yes it's worth $400 more. Can't really compare the two as VWM is budget while RP is very nice!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
146 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

yes! yes! Yes it's worth $400 more. Can't really compare the two as VWM is budget while RP is very nice!

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

Agree with scar! Stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico in Feb 2010 and going back in April. The service was outstanding, food was better than most all-inclusives, and really enjoyed the Don Julio tequila...lol.

Loved the layout of the resort - from Lobby to beach was only a couple minute walk.

Enjoy your vacation, wherever you decide!

Michelle

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

If it is only $400 for 2 people for all stay, than it is worth it for sure as the difference is usually much bigger than that. These are the next door resorts. There is nothing wrong with Viva Maya for the money they charge, but it is a barely 3 stars resort with the 5 stars activities for the teens (and the good pricing policy for the teens as well).

chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

Thanks! Going to try to change right now! I'm a single mom with 2 teen daughters and we have stayed at Riu Tequila before and loved it! Yesterday Expedia had a good deal on Riu Palace...going to try to change if it's still available...thanks!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

I couldn't pass up that deal on Expedia. My son and I were going to stay at the Riu Yucatan but I just booked the RPRM for 7 days in June. I stayed there last year and loved it. Since this is his first time to Mexico I was going to downgrade because I know we will be out alot but wow what a deal!

montreal
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

Which Riu Palace are you talking about as there is 2 of them .

If you are talking about Riu Palace Riviera Maya which we are going back once again i can tell you go for it as this is an amazing resort ....

chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

DARN - I missed out...too slow :(

I wanted to be sure I could cancel the Viva Maya before I booked the Riu Palace RM and missed out!

Oh well...hope the Viva Maya is going to be ok?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

We had fun at Viva Maya a few years ago, and I hope you do too. You will be on the same beach and the food was fine IMO. The rooms were ok, just nothing fancy. We don't spend very much time in the room any way.

Hope you have a great vacation.

10. Re: RIU Palace vs Viva Wyndham Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 16:42