We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

Can anyone share information concerning the Bliss Resort built by Grupo Mayan between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen? Is it up and running? Where is it in relation to Playa Del Carmen? We have heard all kinds of rumors and we don't trust the company to be honest about it. We made a HUGE mistake and upgraded from Mayan Palace to Bliis while in Nuevo Vallrta in 2009. We learned in 2011 that the company does not intend to build a Bliss in Nuevo Vallarta and we were refused a refund in the price difference. Apparently the alleged Bliis in Riviera Maya is the only one being built. Any info would be helpful. Thanks. Rooters75

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

August 2013?

Grass Valley...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

Duh!!!

First week of OCTOBER 2012.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

Hi - saw your posting about the Bliss Resort and was very interested in how your stay went.

A few questions - Does the resort include transportation to and from the airport? Isn't it about 45-60 min south of the airport? Are any meals included or is everything al a cart and if so is it expensive? We have kids who are eating machines and are looking at all inclusive resorts as an alternative.

Golf and Spa - can you you get a round and a treatment for the $300 voucher?

Thanks again

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

The resort does include transportation from the airport = You email them with your info and they will send you confirmation - it's complimentary on arrival, $15 pp on departure. Food is not included, it's all al a cart - It wasn't outrageous price wise - But most of the units have full or partial kitchens, so a trip in to town to MegaMart / Walmart is a must to stock up on snacks / waters/ etc... - which will significantly cut the costs. We were 2 adults, spent 8 days there - We ate probably 6 nights dinner, and 3-4 breakfasts, plus some snacks and alcoholic drinks - our bill for the whole time was $520 -

We were at the Grand Luxxe last month - I did see a sign for Bliss, but didn't investigate at all. The property is beautiful, and the pool is wonderful - But if you want a beach this is not the greatest -

Not sure on the Golf question -

Indiahoma, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

I am not sure what information you have received regarding the Bliss in Playa del Carmen or Nuevo Vallarta. I am going in a month to Playa and then to Nuevo in February. I CAN tell you that I have a two week reservation in Nuevo in February. The first week will be at the LUXXE and the second week will be at the Bliss

Washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

What $300 voucher?

Santiago, Chile
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

Hi Curtis (or someone else), could you please tell me about your experienced in the BLISS RIVIERA MAYA (playa del carmen).

Is it better or worst than the Mayan Palace?

WIch has a better beach? and for swiming?

And wich has rooms more near from beach ?

Is it good for children? We are planning to spend a week there next week, becasuse a get a promotion, but I can find much information of this resort.

THANKS

Edited: 17 November 2012, 19:12
Grass Valley...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

They simply put us up in Grand Mayan so never set foot in BLISS. It is right next to Mayan Palace so is almost exact buildings.

All size rooms use same beach, Grand has private pools. No beach front BLDGS so no matter where you are, the trams get you where you need to go, as resort is very big.

IMHO you cannot go wrong at Mayan Resort properties (so much so we purchased a few years ago. Hope is helps.

19. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 23:02
bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: The Bliss Resort Riviera Maya

I've enjoyed staying at the Mayan Palace properties many times. Once in Nuevo Vallarta, once in Puerto Vallarta, once in Mazatlan and five times in Riviera Maya (we are not owners...we just rent from them). The last time I was at the MP in Riviera Maya the Bliss was not built yet. They really are nice properties, it's just that the timeshare sales (like many) are not always on the up-and-up. I have read some things about people not getting the Bliss when they booked it also. Not sure what that is all about. Don't buy a timeshare there. There are many in resale on sites like Redweek.com if you ever wanted to buy into one.