We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Just wondering what is the best family (at least a 4 star) resort in Playa del Carmen? Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

I would look at Iberostar chain since they do have a number of resorts in the area which may fit your needs.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Playacar Palace is a great family resort and it's located in Playa del Carmen so it's a quick walk to the shops, bars and restaurants.

3. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2012, 11:11
Nashville, Illinois
Level Contributor
336 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

for all-inclusives, we liked the Iberostar Tucan Quetzal and the Riu Playacar. Both are in Playacar, have great beaches, and are family friendly.

bc canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

I would try the Gran Porto Real. Its right in town a 4 star but not the best beach.

Good luck Cheers from BC

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Well, I have to throw my two cents in. Sandos Playacar (the section that is on the beach), has decent rooms, decent food and a beautiful beach. If you are traveling with children, they have an extensive lineup of activities, throughout the day, to keep everyone occupied. Also, you might look into the Viva Wyndham Maya. Both resorts are located in the Playacar, gated community, and, maybe a 20 minute walk into Playa Del Carmen.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Love Sandos Caracol for families. Great choice.

usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

RIU Palace Riviera Maya or Barcelo Maya Palace imo

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best family 4 star + resort in Playa del Carmen

I would also reccomend the Gran Porto as a great family resort...yeah the beach isn't the best but it is definitely not he worst either.The location being right in Playa del carmen and steps to 5th ave is great to allow you to come and go as you wish as well. Here is a link to a resort video...

realresorts.com/Gran-Porto-Real/…

I would also second the Iberostar chains as we have had many great vacations with them as well. The Tucan/Quetzal property is very nice and also receives great reviews from repeat visitors.