We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotia Bank ATM's

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Scotia Bank ATM's

We will be arriving in Puerto Morelos in a few days and we hear they are having difficulty with the ATM's in town. We would be willing to take a bus to Playa to use the ATM's. Does anyone know if the Scotia Bank ATM's in Playa have been compromised lately? I know there was a difficulty back in January 2013. Thankyou for your help!

Stonewoman_11

Canada
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

I havn't heard of it, but I don't know if past history makes an ABM more vulnerable or less vulnerable

have you used info alerts...

www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2941,00.html

british columbia
Level Contributor
753 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

Don't know about them being "compromised" but when we were there none of the Scotia machines would accept our TD Bank chip cards. We've never encountered this in Mexico before. Fortunately, the HSBC on Benito Juarez worked fine with our ATM cards. Whew!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

Thanks for your replies. We deal with the Scotia Bank, so hopefully our cards will be OK. We have also signed up to the bank for alerts. We did not realize that this was available and we will check our email for updated info. Thanks again!

Stonewoman

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
296 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

,Maybe it's because my first checking account in Canada 40+ years ago was with Scotiabank, but when I'm in Mexico I try to use only Scotibank ATMs there and have not had any problems over many years in different parts of Mexico.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

when we were there, my CIBC debit card wouldn't work at the resort ATM, only at the Scotia bank on 5th ..

6. Re: Scotia Bank ATM's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 00:16