We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

Boca Raton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

Hi. I'm considering staying in Avon to ski Beaver Creek and Vail. I cannot find a lot of pictures that depict what the town is like. From walking on google maps it feels a little like strip malls...is that an accurate depiction? The condo that we are looking at is supposedly across from the gondola. We are traveling from Florida and looking for beautiful winter scenery, good restaurants, and that quaint cute feel that ski villages offer. Are there good restaurants or do you have to go to Beaver Creek? How long does it take to get to Beaver Creek on the gondola? I don't have the budget to stay in beaver creek. Looking at west Vail or Avon. Any help would be great! Also if I can't get a the cute quaint town feel, I would prefer beautiful scenery.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 09:37

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,542 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

Avon and West Vail are totally functional and will offer budget relief. But they will not offer you the quaint ski village you are seeking. But you will save money. If you want that feel, you will have to stay in Beaver Creek Village or Vail Village. Another alternative you may want to consider is shifting to Breckenridge.

If your choice is between Avon and West Vail and you can accept the more industrial feel, I would suggest Avon for more restaurants and better access. If you are looking at a condo across from the gondola, that wouldn't be so bad. It's multiple lifts to get up the mountain but reasonable time.

Have fun.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

Avon is not quaint. It's has the feel of a bedroom community with an interstate running thru it. That said you will save $$ staying there and shuttling up to BC or over to Vail. If you're coming with young kids I'd look at Breckenridge to save a bit and stay in a truly "quaint" area.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail

Other post from Shana

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33676-i745-k78417…

Reply to: Need more info on Avon vs. staying in west vail
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avon
Recent Conversations