We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balderrama Hotels and Tours

Tucson
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Balderrama Hotels and Tours

Hi,

I would like to hear what you all have to say about Balderrama Hotels and tours. I want to go with another couple next Feb. Another name they go by is MexicosCoppercanyon

Thank you!

Concerned Gringo

Tillsonburg, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
495 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balderrama Hotels and Tours

Hello Concerned Gringo

Have a look at my report in Caravan Tours… we just took their tour from El Paso TX and as far as I am concerned they are first class all the way… its an 8 day tour starting in El Paso Wyndham hotel and return with all the same places as the other tour…

Check it out and compare… I don’t know what the other tour offers but since you are from the US if I am correct it might be easier to start in El Paso rather than driving or flying into Chihuahua…

Just my two cents worth…

Click here for the link… http://tinyurl.com/3q8o9f

Cheers

Fred

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balderrama Hotels and Tours

In early September 2008, we stayed in two of their hotels, the Hotel Mision in Cerocahui and the Posada Mirador near Divisadero, which is built right into the side of the Copper Canyon. The rooms, food, and staff in all of them were very good, except for an unkind woman at the front desk of the Mirador who has been mentioned in many Trip Advisor reviews.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,139 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balderrama Hotels and Tours

Balderamma is the innovator of hotel in the Copper Canyon and is first rate all the way. I realize your new but click on my name and read under reviews my article dealing with tourism in the copper canyon. The hotels can't be beat but I wouldn't count on getting any kind of 'tour'. If your highly independent then it would be fine. What Acapulco Fred states re: Caravan is true. Collette also uses Balderamma hotels as does Tauck and Globus for parts of it. Sort of depends on what your looking for.

4. Re: Balderrama Hotels and Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Copper Canyon