We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive on swimmable beach?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
all inclusive on swimmable beach?

are there any nice all inclusives on swimmable beach? my husband i love playa del carmen, but wanted to try a new destination. is cabos comparable to playa? thanks!!!!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

There are only a very small number of all inclusives in Cabo and none of them are on the swimmable beach, Medano. I think there may be one on the corridor which is the area between Cabo and San Jose but I can't remember the name of it.

Do you have to go all inclusive? Most of the resorts in Cabo are not. There are such great restaurants that serve fresh food including all of the great seafood that is local. Can't imagine why you would want to give that up for mass produced buffet food.

Hopsfully someone knows the resort on the corridor!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

I have never been to Playa del Carmen, so I can't compare.

Househunter is right - most of the resorts in Cabo are not AI. The only one I know of thats on a swimming beach is the Melia Cabo Real. It's half way between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

That's the one I was thinking about Cathy!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

Hi, I would not recommend an AI in Cabo. Everyone always complains about them and there are better places to eat and drink downtown. My sister-in-law raves about Playa Del Carmen, although I've never been, I do know that Cabo is nothing like PDC. the beaches in Cabo, the sand is rougher and much cooler water, bigger waves, very few swimmable beaches and even on the swimmable beaches you can have days when they put the red flags up and you can't swimm. We love Cabo and since you're from San Diego I'm sure you know what the Pacific ocean and desert are like in Cali. Give it a try, save yourself the grief of an AI, and don't compare to eastern Mexico. Have Fun!

St Louis
Level Contributor
191 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

I have not stayed in Playa but have stayed in cancun. The beach are nothing alike to cabo. I stayed a the Melia Real last year. It is nice but no one use the beach or ocean. Every time we went down there maybe 5ppl. Cabo is fabulous thou you have to go,

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

We go to the Melia Cabo Real every year. The M.R.C. has an "all-inclusive" option and is located about 20km outside of Cabo San Lucas (about 8 km from San Jose del Cabo). The beach is protected by a man-made jetty, which makes the ocean safe for swimming more often than not. I have posted a review of this resort. The beaches in Playa del Carmen, IMO, are nicer than those you'll find in Los Cabos; finer sand and better water/surf conditions for swimming.

7. Re: all inclusive on swimmable beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:18