We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo - Walmart

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Patchogue, New York
10 posts
Save Topic
Cabo - Walmart

If there is a Walmart in Cabo, where is it? I have been to Cabo 4 times and been to Costco, but never found Walmart - if they are there - do they have the grocery section - or should we shop at Mega?

thank you.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo - Walmart

Walmart is on the same side of the highway as Costco, but it is just before you get into Cabo San Lucas. There is a huge shopping center with Sams Club and Walmart behind it.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,545 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo - Walmart

WalMart is somewhat new. wikimapia.org/…2 If you type "WalMart" or "grocery" or "groceries" into the search bar you can read several threads on folks' opinions of the quality of groceries. CCC is also recommended. Los Cabos Guide descriptions: loscabosguide.com/shopping/grocerystores.htm

TX
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo - Walmart

I always feel compelled to give a word of warning about Walmart when somebody mentions the place here. If you decide to shop there, don't carry an oversized purse or even a small backpack with you. They won't let you bring it into the store, but will require that you "check it" at a desk at the front of the store and retrieve it when you're done shopping. No way was I going to do that, so we drove back to San Jose and shopped at Mega instead with no problem w/me bringing in a small daypack (not even a backpack per se, but it's what I use as my purse when I travel).

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo - Walmart

LIT -

We shopped for groceries at Walmart once while here, and never will again. Hands-down the best we have found is the CCC market. Everything you want, deli/bakery/nice produce, clean, good prices. We (my two sons and I) just shopped there today and it truly feels like an American grocery store. We are staying at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, and the taxi ride there was $12.00, the ride back (in a much nicer taxi) was $8.00. Go figure.

Once you are done shopping, there is an area where taxi's are waiting. They will help you load your groceries, then when you return to the hotel, the bell men will unload and take them to your room for you. It costs a little for the tips, but is well worth it!

Don't forget to tip the young guys who bag your groceries, as that (I believe) is their only pay.

BTW, depending on where you are staying, we also really, really like Mega. Just watch out for the lurking timeshare sharks.

Enjoy!

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo - Walmart

As full time residents of Cabo, we do about 50% of our grocery shopping at Costco, 15% at WalMart, 15% at CCC, and 15% at Mega. We are able to use up the larger quantities that Costco sells.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo - Walmart

"As full time residents of Cabo, we do about 50% of our grocery shopping at Costco"

We absolutely LOVE Cabo Costco, but find we can't always eat the amount of food we end up with because we only have a week together. Try as I might in the following weeks, the remaining pastries from the 24-pack just don't end up being enjoyed. :)

If taxi's weren't so expensive, we would do Costco for the alcohol, soda, perfect beef, bottled water, beer, and awesome produce. Then head to CCC for the smaller containers of condiments, Woolite (for hand-washing delicates in the room), paper towels/napkins, salt/pepper and home-made flour tortillas.

Oh, and a couple of years ago, we got the best binoculars at Costco for my sons to "sight-see" the beach babes from the balcony. <G>

Julie

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo - Walmart

So Julie....

You are telling me that you can't eat up 15-20 pastries all by yourself in a couple of weeks...

Well sounds to me like you need to have some Breakfast Parties....!!!

Try bringing them out around 3-4 am while your guests are trying to determine if they should try to stumble back to their own rooms or just pass out on your floor....Who knows you might give them just the excuse they need to get up and crawl home...Threaten them with stale pastries...!!

It'll do it every time... ;)

By they way....you are a hoot..!!!

Can't wait to meet you....Dala

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo - Walmart

SNAP, Dala! You have the right hook-up 'tude!

"Get your sweets in room XXX, oh, and we also have pastries!"

Meeting you TA reg-uh-lers is the most anticipated event on my 2008 wish list of things to do.

HUGE grins.

Julie

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,545 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo - Walmart

We have left our unused (good) food for the maid with a "para la camarista" note. Do you think she actually gets to keep the food? She probably wouldn't want a partial package of pastries, but canned soda, bottled water, packaged juice, whole fruit?

LITravelGal ~ where will you be staying?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo - Walmart

PNW -

Funny you mention that. Last time here, I saw one of the maids hauling a large plastic bag of groceries down the walkway. I asked another staff member if they get to keep that stuff, and he said they do, and that they put it all out and split it up among themselves. I was glad to hear that.

And speaking of bottled water, each day when the maid is here, we always offer her a cold beverage. It seems to be appreciated.