We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

Planning my Cabo trip for July and would like to know if anybody can give me a ballpark figure of how much additional Arturo from Translobo would charge if we book trip from airport to Cabo San Lucas and include a 20min necessities stop (water, alcohol, etc)at Costco? I know he charges approx 150usd roundtrip just from point to point but I want to plan on that bit extra. Also, do you recommend we stop at Costco or would Sam's be a better choice as far as not being too far off the original route. Not too concerned as to cost so much as traveling with fellow couple who tend to nickel and dime everything. I need to let them know exactly how much it will be before they agree to anti up for half the cost. Thanks all

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

Arturo with Translobo does not charge anything for stops. He's cool like that :)

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

As of last week, Arturo is still unable to make stops on the way in to the airport. The taxi union/ shuttle agreement only lets cabs stop.

He tried to stop for my niece last week when she was there but turned out he could not- apparantly the shuttles can be fined for not following the "rules". You probably will have to take a cab to the store after you arrive at your resort.

It's a pain, I know- I will be doing the same thing in 3 weeks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

Thanks all. Since we won't be there til the end of July maybe Arturo can figure a stop somewhere for us!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

It all really depends...some days he can...some not..He will let you know. But there is no extra charge.

Have a wonderful trip!

Seattle
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

He is so accomodating that if he can he will, if he cant it's because of the rules and they can get a huge fine and after two or three fines I think he said they can confiscate the vehicle. So you can understand why they wouldnt want to break the rules. However, you may check with him in advance and if it is just beer or water that you want to stock up on it is possible that you could arrange for him to purchase in advance and you can just pay him?? Could be a possibility. Great guy.

Colorado
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

When we were there in April he was not allowed to stop for us either. He referred us to whereincabos.com and we arranged for them to bring all of our supplies to our Resort. They have a list of just about everything you can think of and if it's not on their list, they are usually able to find

what you need. The service was great!

Cheri

7. Re: Who much does Arturo charge for a Costco stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 02:22