We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

This first trip is for my husband and I to enjoy alone! But, already, I know we will be back with kids & the grandparents. We are staying at the Finisterra. Can you recommend a kid-friendly resort we may want to check out for our next visit?

Okay - let me clarify - not a wild, kid-themed resort, but just kid-friendly.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,596 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

I think the larger the resort might have the better chance of being kid friendly, more activities(kids clubs) or having a lot of kids around for yours to play with. Try the Riu palace or the Riu Sante FE. They are like one big resort. It might be in your best interest to do a Timeshare tour there and make a few bucks while you look.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,596 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

There seems to be a lot of kids at the Villa Del Palmar with the big slide in the pool.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

The Riu is not a timeshare resort, it is an all-inclusive hotel. So no timeshare tours there. They charge I think, $100/pp to visit there for the day! That is alot!

I have stayed at most of the big timshare resorts right in Cabo and not many of them seem to have many kids while we are there. Maybe it is because we usually go in October and May when school is in session. I will be there at the end of this month so maybe it will be different. Playa Grande and the Pueblo Bonito properties do have kids programs but since we don't have kids, not sure how good they are.

The Royal Solaris, an AI property in San Jose attracts a ton of families, apparantly their kids program is great. We stayed next door to it a few years ago and did go over there to take a look and there were lots of kids there.

Hopefully someone who travels with their kids will have better answers for you.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
667 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

We go to Playa Grande and they have a pool on the Ridge with a slide and wading area and a little deeper pool adjacent to it..My son loved it and had other little kids to swim with there but most these pools also have swim up bar (it is a 3 tier pool, the bar was above)..I think the PG is very kid friendly but the only beach safe enough to swim (possibly) is on Medano.. There is also another pool area at PG, a kid's club, activities by the pool..

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

Actually both of the upper pools at the Ridge are adults only. The lower one at the bottom of the slide is the only one for kids.

There are signs clearly posted in both of the upper pools. The slide is great for kids (and adults)!!!

6. Re: Kid-Friendly Resorts to Visit for the Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 01:28