We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vespa/Scooters???

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Vespa/Scooters???

I was wondering if there are places to rent scooters for the day to get around town and just generally have fun.

When we went to Playa Del Carmen a couple years back we had a so much fun the day we rented scooters.

This trip we're staying at the Riu Palace, so if there is a nearby scooter rental shop I'd love to know.

Thanks,

KSH

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
1. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

Some resorts here rent scooters on site, not sure about RIU. The street that runs parallel to medano beach by the Pueblo Bonito hotels has a scooter rental place that´s not too far from the RIU. Wish I could be more specific but I just noticed it driving by one day. If you walk down that street you´ll see it. Be careful though, Cabo´s not as scooter friendly as some other places in Mexico

Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

Ksh, I agree with tac that Cabo is not very scooter friendly. The Villa del Palmar, which is the resort nearest the Riu's (toward town) has scooter rentals. I don't remember the price exactly, but it seemed similar to a car rental.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

I rented a scooter while staying at Sunset Beach three years ago. The concierge made all or the arrangements for me. As I recall, the package was reasonably priced included transportation to and from the downtown rental office.

To be honest, I don't think that I'll ever do that again. Simply put, Mexican motorist are just way to aggressive. Riding a scooter around Cabo is just kind of dangerous.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,615 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

I'd wait until you get there to decide. NO WAY would I personally be willing to ride a scooter or Vespa around downtown Cabo or out on the highway to get there! It's really not set up for that. You'll see what we mean about the traffic.

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

3 replies saying it's not safe is enough for me.

I guess we'll walk or get a taxi (or both)

Thanks for the locations as well as the safety tips!

This forum has a ton of super nice people!

11 Days!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,615 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

Ksh~ You're a fast learner (ha-ha)!

Welcome to the forum. The Cabo group is the friendliest forum I've found at Trip Advisor. Really great group of people here.

And Cabo is a wonderful place to vacation. I was there for the first time this February and had a pretty much perfect trip with the help of the good advice and recommendations on this forum.

7. Re: Vespa/Scooters???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 01:19