We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using priceline, name your own price

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
utah
2 posts
Save Topic
Using priceline, name your own price

has anyone used this with any success?? It seems a little scary with all the exceptions in the agreement. What do you think?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

I use it for hotels all the time, just made a reservation last night. But I have never tried with airfare- seems to risky to me. I like to know exactly what my flights are going to be.

You might want to check out biddingfortravel.com. They have alot of great priceline strategies on there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

I have used Priceline before for hotels, air and cars. I have never had a problem. It seems that hotwire has been pretty good as of late also! Good luck!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

This site is really helpful for answering all the questions you may have about using priceline or hotwire

http://betterbidding.com/

I have also used priceline for hotels and never had a problem. I always felt like I was getting an excellent bargain rate and the bidding process is kind of exciting..

Enjoy!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

Looking to book a hotel in 10 dyas in Seattle, but I am wondering if the hotel that you bid on will include parking..

This is a big factor for me as the daily average can be $20+ per day and that would totally negate the cheap find for the hotel.

Any thoughts?

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

Don't worry so much about the cost of the Hotel in Seattle worry about all the taxes they are going to charge you... it is outragous there. Well at least if you stay downtown it is, closer to the airport is much cheaper.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

We use Priceline all over the U.S. and Europe, and we've never had what we considered to be a bad deal. In Europe we always bid for 4* hotels, and we've always managed to get a 4* for $100.00 (dollars, not pounds or euros) a night or less. That's quite a deal. In the U.S., we've been equally pleased. Since the price we've paid in the U.S. has been 1/3rd to, at most, 1/2 what the hotels have quoted, even having to pay parking isn't that big a deal.

We haven't used Priceline in Mexico, but we have absolutely no reason to doubt they would be equally good. We find www.biddingfortravel.com to be invaluable in deciding how much to bid for what we're looking for. It's also nice to consult their list of hotels Priceline uses in a specific city so we know what is likely.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

Almost all of the downtown Seattle hotels charge for parking and no, that would not be included in your priceline bid.

www.biddingfortravel.com gives a list of the hotels most likely to come up in each area and each star rating. Take a look at the individual hotels for the catagory you are bidding on. If you would be happy with any of them, then bid.

We always use priceline for the airport area for 1 night before we travel. We have regularly gotten a price of about $40-$45 for Doubletree, Hilton or Red Lion. All of them are fine.

We just got the Clarion in Federal Way for $42 for next Saturday for Summyr Fling since we live an hour away from the party.

Do your homework and understand how the free re-bidding process works and you will get a great deal!

8. Re: Using priceline, name your own price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 01:16