We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

What are places to avoid when the ships are in Cabo? I'm thinking that is a good day to stay at the resort. Any hints?

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

We may be the odd ones out, but I thoroughly enjoy sitting at Captain Tony's, Solomans Landing, or Wamongo's and watching the cruise ship people scurrying about. They are in such a hurry in the morning headed down the Marina, and soooo slow coming back. (I say this, because I remember being one of those scurrying!)

I guess that I risk being on the perverse....

btw....The flea markets are crowded, and forget about "bargaining", but it is an interesting migration to watch.

Arlington...
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

We are planning 1 of our days just like Hooligan, except I like to watch all the people who had too much to drink stagger back to the ship!

Here is a very handy website that I use to plan my time around.

http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=95

Robert

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

You may see some people walking in a group along the marina and that's about it! Many have name tags on and pretty much stay together when going on an excursion. Some don't even leave the ship! :)

texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

Actually, I don't know why I am even worried about it. The ships leave early in the afternoon and since the passengers have to be back onboard an hour early, we'll still have most of the day without the crowds!

texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

Can an excursion go Todos Santos and be back by 1:00pm?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

No way, hang on the beach!

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

I'm with Hooligan

We always love sitting at D' Right Joint on Marina and watch the "gringo parade" when the cruise ships come in. We were in town on Christmas Eve and there were 4 ships in that day - it was crazy but fun.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
909 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

Think tomorrow has 3 ships in totaling over 6,000 Ppl - Good ppl watching.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

We turned around and "fled" to San Jose earlier this year when driving into CSL from the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and saw three huge cruise ships in the harbor. Later that afternoon, while others were shopping, I was relaxing on a plaza bench when -- within a half hour -- six tour groups ranging from 12 to 40 people came buzzing through like herds of penguins. The cruisers are everywhere. LOL!

Altoona, Iowa
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How crowded is it when the cruise ships are there?

In the morning it s fun to sit and watch people while eating breakfast at Captain Tony's...they are always so concentrated on their agenda. Then it is off to Medano Beach for more people watching. The BEST part is watching them flee the beach and head back to the ship when the whistle blows...while we are ordering another bucket of beer! :)