We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership

BEWARE: Gold Crown Resorts Membership is a complete SCAM. You basically pay money (in our case $3K) to have access to unwanted properties that you could easily access through internet sites such as kayak or orbitz. There is a reason that they do not actually show you the site when they are selling the membership. Also, there is a reason why they do not take Amex, because Amex would help protect it's customers from this type of scheme. It is a bait and switch scam.

We bought the membership in December 2012 under false pretenses after a four hour timeshare presentation at Playa Grande/Promotora Cabo Pacifico. Later that day I tried to get a refund and I was told that I signed for no refunds so it was not possible. (However, when I heard from PROFECO they told me I legally had 5 working days to cancel the agreement, and this right cannot be waived per Mexican law.) Gold Crown Resorts also told me that they did not get the money, so I did not understand what we had actually paid for. It is an elaborate scheme to rip off people when they have their guards down while on vacation.

I felt so violated by this whole scam that I took pictures of their website and told them I would be starting a blog to share my thoughts on the website and membership. They threatened me, but ultimately froze my access to the site. They wanted me to sign another agreement with them stating I would not publicly distribute information from their site, which I would never sign. Since I did not have access to their site, I was unable to use the "service" that I was promised in the written agreement and therefore our credit card company was able to give us a refund.

It was a terrible experience, but a great lesson to learn. If something sounds too good to be true it is! If someone tells you that you have to sign "now or never" then there is a catch to that.

DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY FOR A GOLD CROWN RESORT MEMBERSHIP. IT IS WORTHLESS AND THE PEOPLE WHO SELL THE MEMBERSHIPS ARE SCUM.

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership

Jenny, I am so happy you got your money. I am still working on mine from over a year ago!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,959 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership

Its no secret that 99 out of 100 timeshare people are lying. The other 1 % are deceased. Its no fun being duped. If you purchase, Always buy a resale. When in doubt ask us on this forum.

3. Re: Beware of Gold Crown Resorts Membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 02:19