We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

Hey everyone I'm leaving in a couple days for Cabo and am thinking of trying to use public transportation to save a bit of $ as the taxi fares add up quite quickly. I'm staying at the Grand Solmar Lands End Resort by the marina. What would be the closest stop? I'm trying to find my way to a grocery store (to stock up) and also some cool places to explore (like San Jose). Thanks!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

You can use the Suburban Bus to go from Cabo San Lucas to San Jose.

I'm not sure if the local bus goes near the Grand Solmar Resort.

Here is a thread with more information:-

tripadvisor.ca/…51369867

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,545 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

The little white colectivo buses turn around at the traffic circle near the driveway to Grand Solmar, Solmar, TerraSol, & Playa Grande. Map wikimapia.org/…bs The destinations are written on the windshield.

Groceries in Cabo tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c194598

That big SuburCabos bus Fsmdude mentioned travels from near the Puerto Paraiso Mall in Cabo to the Mega shopping center in San Jose. I think the fare is 28 pesos.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

Kat P...leave your resort and come across the street from the driveway...and right there is where the buses stop and take their breaks...and then start their new schedules. So it is very convenient...you will see sometimes 8 or 10 buses sitting around...most of the drivers that I rode with did not speak any English, but I had my trusty map, and read their windshields where the destinations are painted/written on...and after sitting at a nice shaded bus stop for about 20 minutes I had it all figured out...and my first adventure was so much fun...I just did more!!

You might enjoy reading some of my walking tours/some buses included...they are at the top of the forum...in the right hand corner...Walking Around Cabo...and I mention ProSan grocery shopping, as well as up in the Old Town area for fresh fruit and veggies, the fish market is there, as well as the delicious bakery...and also the ISSSE store which had different things... I was down all winter, and never went to any of the big stores...I just used these places, and then OXXO (right across from your hotel) and also Mambo which is their competition. Ate out a meal a day, and had just the best time.

Fun to have conversations with the drivers when they do not have any people on the bus...they love to see tourists on their buses...and were really nice to me, patiently waiting until I was seated...and yelling out to me that my stop was going to be next. It was all so positive. And they completely stop...and let you get off the bus safely...that doesn't always happen in Mexico! They always asked WHY I didn't take a cab!! thought that was funny...

Enjoy...and when you are at the airport...look for a map put out by National Car rental...it is the best map I found...It was on a big board...probably 1000 of them falling all over the floor...fortunately I realized it was a map and stopped and ended up with 3 of them...one is so marked up with my x's and circles of neat places that I wanted to find again...when the buses are by the Solmar, show the map to the drivers and point where you want to go...they should be able to help you...

Have lots of fun!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

If you're going to San Jose, you can take the Suburban Bus as Fsmdude points out, but I think you need to get off at the Mega store and then walk through that plaza to the hotel road to get a colectivo to take you into the town square. But you can also walk along the Hotel Road into town. Take about 30 minutes but it's a nice walk.

Cabo San Lucas...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

its called suburcabos not suburban bus :D

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

Actually there are other buses aside from suburcabo,I liked waiting for the air condition buses same price but cool comfort in the heat

7. Re: Using the bus in Cabo San Lucas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 00:20